Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

25 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

It’s a shame that even if Wesley & Heaton are fully fit when the season resumes, they will be ineligible due to the squad list. 

Considering he's still walking with a cane and is only just back to light jogging I'd say he's probably 4-7 months away from being able to play competitive football.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Considering he's still walking with a cane and is only just back to light jogging I'd say he's probably 4-7 months away from being able to play competitive football.

Probably roughly around the time football returns then

• Like 1

On 15/04/2020 at 16:58, Tomaszk said:

Wes drops deep because he needs space and time to control the ball, he's so easy to play against.

In its current form yes.....but nothing comes from the wings.

He comes deep to look for the ball......he shouldn't have to do that......Moving players are hard to close down, he is too static, because the build up play is so hit and miss, stop/start.

I am not saying he is without fault, but faults have a knock on effect.....If searching balls were coming in consistently, he would be much better....his timing would get better and his runs would be in sync with the wide men.....we are much too easily stopped/Negated from our offensive play and it affects players like him more....they need consistent service.

Even Jack has to come back hunting for the ball, that shouldn't be....players further back i.e full backs, wingers, midfield, should be doing more to start attacks and take the game to the opposition, instead of going in to a shell.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

He comes deep to look for the ball......he shouldn't have to do that......Moving players are hard to close down, he is too static, because the build up play is so hit and miss, stop/start.

I am not saying he is without fault, but faults have a knock on effect.....If searching balls were coming in consistently, he would be much better....his timing would get better and his runs would be in sync with the wide men.....we are much too easily stopped/Negated from our offensive play and it affects players like him more....they need consistent service.

Even Jack has to come back hunting for the ball, that shouldn't be....players further back i.e full backs, wingers, midfield, should be doing more to start attacks and take the game to the opposition, instead of going in to a shell.

Grealish shouldn’t get a free ride in my opinion, every player should have to put a shift in

3 hours ago, sne said:

Bruce would have thrown him straight back in 😂

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Grealish shouldn’t get a free ride in my opinion, every player should have to put a shift in

But you continually praise Drinkwater who has put no shift in for the club but Jack shouldn't get a free ride 🤔

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not a free ride, no I agree, everyone should be prepared to put a physical shift in, but he does it in a slightly different way, by way of taking hits and winning free kicks.

Jack is essentially a schemer and they are not renowned for enforcing, but I still say, he shouldn't have to come so deep to get the ball and start attacks.....some players aren't cutting the mustard.

I was really talking about Wes and that was my point about him playing deep, but it applies to some extent to Jack too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

You're looking heavily at recent matches.

Before the Leicester home game in December we were OK. Not great, but OK.

We've lost so much and not got points we've deserved confidence is absolutely shot through the whole club. Only Jack can rise above it because he's Jack.

Stick Samatta in that team  from Aug-Dec and we would have got points in 4/5/6 other games IMO. Wes did nothing the majority of the time.

I think he tried, but just isn't good enough.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

You're looking heavily at recent matches.

Before the Leicester home game in December we were OK. Not great, but OK.

We've lost so much and not got points we've deserved confidence is absolutely shot through the whole club. Only Jack can rise above it because he's Jack.

Stick Samatta in that team  from Aug-Dec and we would have got points in 4/5/6 other games IMO. Wes did nothing the majority of the time.

I think he tried, but just isn't good enough.

for sure.

Your post, Its a view and it has merit.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

But you continually praise Drinkwater who has put no shift in for the club but Jack shouldn't get a free ride 🤔

I only praise Drinkwater for his achievements from years ago in hope that he can get back to that. I acknowledge that he won’t get back to that now

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Not a free ride, no I agree, everyone should be prepared to put a physical shift in, but he does it in a slightly different way, by way of taking hits and winning free kicks.

Jack is essentially a schemer and they are not renowned for enforcing, but I still say, he shouldn't have to come so deep to get the ball and start attacks.....some players aren't cutting the mustard.

I was really talking about Wes and that was my point about him playing deep, but it applies to some extent to Jack too.

I have noticed in matches that Grealish drops deep and tries to dictate the play from there, even winning the occasional header from midfield. I don’t think it really suits him, I think he is best when he is given a free role but obviously that has a detrimental effect on the rest of the team 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Â