Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I could list last few seasons for every club that don't come near Wesley 5 goals in half a season but it would take too long. Most Gabby scored last 8 seasons was 9 goals (next best season 6 goals). Assume you were on his back constantly for near a decade 

What have I told you about stats, Kiwi? You can find a stat to back up nearly any opinion about anything, ever. 

My opinion on Wesley being a poor footballer has nothing to do with Gabby and who other clubs have signed, its based on me watching him fail to control the football on plenty of occasions over a 20 game period. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It wasn't a comparison though

It was a lazy uneccesary dig

It was dig and comparison.

Wesley is bigger cost more money hes target  man who dont even try to score with his head and as i recall never did.

Samata smaller cost less and 2nd game he scores with his head because he wasnt lazy to just jump.

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

What have I told you about stats, Kiwi? You can find a stat to back up nearly any opinion about anything, ever. 

My opinion on Wesley being a poor footballer has nothing to do with Gabby and who other clubs have signed, its based on me watching him fail to control the football on plenty of occasions over a 20 game period. 

Sorry but there has also been many parts of his game that clearly show he's capable of good play. Wesley at times has shown much support for his fellow team mates and while he may of messed things up at times it was also during the time that not many of our player could string more than three to four passes together without loss of possession. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Sorry but there has also been many parts of his game that clearly show he's capable of good play. Wesley at times has shown much support for his fellow team mates and while he may of messed things up at times it was also during the time that not many of our player could string more than three to four passes together without loss of possession. 

Let’s hope he comes good when he’s back either way. Will be a boost to have another option up front. 

• Like 1

I just don't understand the Wesley hate, if anyone deserved that bloody hate it was Kodjia for how he was being with his team mates and his play on the pitch. Kodjia since the championship showed signs that he wasn't enjoying life at Villa. All the times kodjia ran for five mins and walked for fifteen was clear, now to me that was deserved of fans being annoyed, no Wesley who ran his socks off and was developing.

After yesterday's game, it feels like fans are coming to the Wesley thread to vent frustration and the poor lad has not even been playing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s hope he comes good when he’s back either way. Will be a boost to have another option up front. 

Oh yes, I think he will come back better.

The one thing I always thought his game needs was for him to stop going down to much and use his strength, towards the end before he got injured he started using his strength and physically wearing opponents out. Using his strength being such a big brute may of contributed to teams tiring mentally and physically, all he needs is to stop going to ground so much and he would be much more of a complete psckage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I wish we were like every other club that only made perfect signings every time like Solanke to Bournemouth for €27 million several seasons ago

Well that's missing the point completely. 

It's not about we wasted money and other teams have. All teams make signings that don't work out. And tbh the Wes signing may well work out in the future. 

Bournemouth did waste money on Solanke but they have Wilson and King in their squad. 

We decided to spend a giant chunk of our transfer budget on one striker. And when you make a decision like that then it needs to pay off. For us it didn't 

A 12 game period, where he didn't score and barely registered many attempts on goals. We averaged less than a point a game during that time. 

As a newly promoted club, it makes life extremely difficult when nearly a 3rd of the season is like that. 

We're now having to try and fix that problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Im confident he will be, he has proven he has ability to score, may not of been to the amount wed of liked but thats down to it being his first season.

Get over this whole Wesley is crap thing for God sake, he is not and he put his body on the line for the club and now he's out because of it, in my eyes he deserves our respect and the chance to come back if he can compete.

Is ridiculous all this Wesley hate is.

He put his body on the line?

I mean its stuff like this that doesn't really help the case with the extreme views. 

• Confused 1

Always been telling that most of the defence of him is just pointing to other bad buys. That doesn't make him better. His signing and performances have played a huge part in us probably going down.

Going to be tiresome people saying the injury has ruined him when he comes back and looks just as bad as before.

Perfectly acceptable among Villa fans to mock Hogan now, be interesting to see when Wes passes the threshold.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Im confident he will be, he has proven he has ability to score, may not of been to the amount wed of liked but thats down to it being his first season.

Get over this whole Wesley is crap thing for God sake, he is not and he put his body on the line for the club and now he's out because of it, in my eyes he deserves our respect and the chance to come back if he can compete.

No. Chester put his body on the line for the club. Moraes got injured while playing for the club. Let's not go over the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

It isn't hate and it's a little insulting to suggest it is. It is simply the evidence of my eyes and experience of watching football over many years. I have asked on numerous occaśions for his ' supporters' to itemise what he does well" Apart from stating that he apparently 'runs about', that's been about it. Please prove me wrong by all means.....

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We've got some really shit fans. Genuinely.

Because they dare to criticise different parts of the club?

**** hell, are we all 8 year olds in the school playground where we just blindly defend and state our team is the best?

It's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Because they dare to criticise different parts of the club?

**** hell, are we all 8 year olds in the school playground where we just blindly defend and state our team is the best?

It's ridiculous. 

No issues with criticising. I do it plenty. I've criticised Wesley plenty too. My issue is having a dig at a player that has nothing to do with yesterdays game. Why would you even think of Wesley yesterday. It's beyond belief. A negative mentality. Being that way wired won't get you far in life. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

No issues with criticising. I do it plenty. I've criticised Wesley plenty too. My issue is having a dig at a player that has nothing to do with yesterdays game. Why would you even think of Wesley yesterday. It's beyond belief. A negative mentality. Being that way wired won't get you far in life. 

Who had a dig at wesley for a yesterdays game?? Surely not me!  I had a dig at wesley for his whole season for 22 games.

I love that strawman some people are making here.

Step 1 pretend that my coment was for yesterdays game only( its wasnt) 

Step 2 procede to talk how bad our fanbase are and pretend how shocked u are that people can compare players and even dig at them.

Why would you even think of Wesley yesterday. It's beyond belief hahahahahahahaah jesus this cant be real.

We had striker named WESLEY who got injured and we replace that striker with the new striker SAMATA who we just bought they play in the same position! I know its shocking already.

Wow how a person can look at game and try to compare these 2 strikers its unreal its crazy  its weird and a real embarasment.

Edited by Tumblerseven

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

For me, yesterdays game once again showed there is a real chance we go down. 

I think the decision to only sign wes as a striker in the summer for the amount we did, will be a major factor in that happening. It's a criticism of the club more than anything. But while Wes had nothing to do with yesterday, his poor performances have played a major part in why games like yesterday were vital not to lose. 

Not a dig, just as I say a large factor in what is feeling like the worst case scenario happening this year  

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Â