Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Mings has previous, he stamped on Nelson Oliveira, no-one is squeaky clean though

That was probably accidental. Mee broke 2 players legs in 14 months, could have ended careers the piece of shit

Edited by Zatman
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think there’s a good chance a lot of people will be eating humble pie on their opinions on Wes.

There were flashes of how good he could be, all depends on how he comes back from the injury but some of the comments on here you’d expect to see reserved for opposition players.

He also put in about 15 hopeless displays where he couldn’t control the football. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes but you’re missing the point.

To be able to do it even once shows that said person is capable of it, that he showed it more than once proves it’s a consistency and confidence issue, not ability based.

Young lad, new country, new culture, struggling team and an inexperienced manager and coaching staff.

Heres a crazy thought but given that he’s a villa player, maybe we could cut him a bit of slack.

I think you are absolutely spot on 

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes but you’re missing the point.

To be able to do it even once shows that said person is capable of it, that he showed it more than once proves it’s a consistency and confidence issue, not ability based.

Young lad, new country, new culture, struggling team and an inexperienced manager and coaching staff.

Heres a crazy thought but given that he’s a villa player, maybe we could cut him a bit of slack.

Hopefully in his time off Dean and the coaches will have given Wes loads of videos to watch to improve the tactical part of his game.  He has loads of potential to improve in pretty much every area, I'd say he is currently about 5/10 in most facets of his game but could quite easily make them up to an 8/10 and then we would have an excellent player.  Samatta being around will help as we were having to pick Wes in too many matches when he could have done with a spell out of the team but we had no real alternative.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hopefully in his time off Dean and the coaches will have given Wes loads of videos to watch to improve the tactical part of his game.  He has loads of potential to improve in pretty much every area, I'd say he is currently about 5/10 in most facets of his game but could quite easily make them up to an 8/10 and then we would have an excellent player.  Samatta being around will help as we were having to pick Wes in too many matches when he could have done with a spell out of the team but we had no real alternative.

Absolutely agree with all of that, having Samatta here can only help him I think despite the fact they may be competing for the same spot in the starting XI.

Ironically, and I said it at the time but I honestly believe the penny had dropped for him before the Burnley game, perhaps even brought about by an honest and frank team meeting (IIRC the Burnley game followed the Watford debacle) because in that Burnley game he’d stopped his diving and theatrics, was far more physical and looked all the better for it.

The irony of course being that in the game he cut out the diving and theatrics someone decided to try and snap him in half with a challenge you expect to see on a Sunday league pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Absolutely agree with all of that, having Samatta here can only help him I think despite the fact they may be competing for the same spot in the starting XI.

Ironically, and I said it at the time but I honestly believe the penny had dropped for him before the Burnley game, perhaps even brought about by an honest and frank team meeting (IIRC the Burnley game followed the Watford debacle) because in that Burnley game he’d stopped his diving and theatrics, was far more physical and looked all the better for it.

The irony of course being that in the game he cut out the diving and theatrics someone decided to try and snap him in half with a challenge you expect to see on a Sunday league pitch.

Wesley also looked good against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup, although they played a very young side, he came on and scored, nice finish it was

19 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Watching Wes's rehab is interesting he moves like a block of lard. Never going to be a decent CF!

There is a clue in there somewhere. 

I wouldn't be too confident leading a promotion push with Wes in charge. Regardless of the quality of opposition he would face he would still be the same Wesley. He is not a good player in any way  I would argue he is actually technically inferior and limited than Hogan but just with a bigger frame so causes a bit more of a nuisance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is not a good player in any way  I would argue he is actually technically inferior and limited than Hogan but just with a bigger frame so causes a bit more of a nuisance.

I would argue that you are wrong. Hogan is a pub player. 

Oddly enough I think we have actually played worse without Wes than we have with him, especially since injury.

I don't think that is down to how good Wes is, although for some reason we seemed to function better with him as target man even if he didn't do the role very well most of the time.

I for one am not going to savage his signing as just like when we got relegated, Wes, Luiz, Nakamba and even a few others will get better with or without us. We just never seem to have the luxury of time when it comes to our signings, especially over seas players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Oddly enough I think we have actually played worse without Wes than we have with him, especially since injury.

Its not odd mate, the stats prove that you are correct. 

I one for one don't think Wes is half as bad as some make out. Technically worse than Scott Hogan? Have a word. 

I've always thought since Wesley got injured that our game has gotten worse. I mean while Wesley was playing we actually did struggle to feed the lad, however he did struggle at times as well. We did always look more did with Wesley, now whether that's just coincidence I don't know. We seemed to struggle a lot more ever since Wesley has been out a d while Wesley was on the pitch we at least had breaks from being totally manipulated and dominated.

I always thought that the problem was not Wesley, it was our Wingers, and do you know what, that problem didn't go away all season, even while Wesley was injured. Our Wingers have been the issue all season as has the midfield. The only one who had constantly been able to feed Wesley was Jack, so again that says that it had to of been our players being ineffective up front as they have been for large parts of the season.

We struggled and struggled all season to even supply men up front, we have been shut out of games constantly. We have been to light in midfield and teams know it, as others have suggested before teams like Liverpool can adopt Wingers because of the talent they have and they can make it work and manage to feed there strikers.

I don't see the problem as Wesley and he deserves a comeback, if we can buy  better Wingers, we should. Personally I'd rather we played our Wingers closer to the centre as they can always drift wide if need be. Have always thought that we were killing ourselves off to quickly being so wide and teams making us run more. Most of our balls crossed in from the flank of the opposition box just went no where, time after time we've seen crosses just hit the first man or go  right over and to not have a man attacking back post is criminal. We have messed up so much attacking it's been unreal and we need to get it right next time out on the field.

I think Wesley can make a good comeback and be as successful as what Samatta can, we do need to learn to service better but I do not think Ghazi and Trezeguet can do the job as first teamers., subs ok,  not first teamers.

I just hope Wesley has gotten rid of falling on the floor, he needs to be stronger on the ball and we need him upright in games. Before he got injured I think Wesley had some games where he actually enjoyed dominating players. He didn't half bully some players, even sent a few into the advertising boards, I want that Wesley back who wore defences out.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I've always thought since Wesley got injured that our game has gotten worse. I mean while Wesley was playing we actually did struggle to feed the lad, however he did struggle at times as well. We did always look more did with Wesley, now whether that's just coincidence I don't know. We seemed to struggle a lot more ever since Wesley has been out a d while Wesley was on the pitch we at least had breaks from being totally manipulated and dominated.

I always thought that the problem was not Wesley, it was our Wingers, and do you know what, that problem didn't go away all season, even while Wesley was injured. Our Wingers have been the issue all season as has the midfield. The only one who had constantly been able to feed Wesley was Jack, so again that says that it had to of been our players being ineffective up front as they have been for large parts of the season.

We struggled and struggled all season to even supply men up front, we have been shut out of games constantly. We have been to light in midfield and teams know it, as others have suggested before teams like Liverpool can adopt Wingers because of the talent they have and they can make it work and manage to feed there strikers.

I don't see the problem as Wesley and he deserves a comeback, if we can buy  better Wingers, we should. Personally I'd rather we played our Wingers closer to the centre as they can always drift wide if need be. Have always thought that we were killing ourselves off to quickly being so wide and teams making us run more. Most of our balls crossed in from the flank of the opposition box just went no where, time after time we've seen crosses just hit the first man or go  right over and to not have a man attacking back post is criminal. We have messed up so much attacking it's been unreal and we need to get it right next time out on the field.

I think Wesley can make a good comeback and be as successful as what Samatta can, we do need to learn to service better but I do not think Ghazi and Trezeguet can do the job as first teamers., subs ok,  not first teamers.

I just hope Wesley has gotten rid of falling on the floor, he needs to be stronger on the ball and we need him upright in games. Before he got injured I think Wesley had some games where he actually enjoyed dominating players. He didn't half bully some players, even sent a few into the advertising boards, I want that Wesley back who wore defences out.

No problem was Wesley not being in the box when we put in crosses.

He was most of the time dilly dallying in midfield

• Like 1

Â