Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

For me, yesterdays game once again showed there is a real chance we go down. 

I think the decision to only sign wes as a striker in the summer for the amount we did, will be a major factor in that happening. It's a criticism of the club more than anything. But while Wes had nothing to do with yesterday, his poor performances have played a major part in why games like yesterday were vital not to lose. 

Not a dig, just as I say a large factor in what is feeling like the worst case scenario happening this year  

See I have no issues with that. And agree with it mostly. I think it was wrong to expect someone the same age as Keinan Davis in his first season in England to fire us to safety. I expected him to get 10 goals this season which he was on course for. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

Guy is out for 9 months. Doesn't play. We lose a game where plenty of players played badly and your first thought is to post in here. Weeeeeirrd. 

1. I posted not after a lost game but after samatas goal. 

2. Its not my problem that u feel its weird that person can compare strikers and theyr ability to score with theyr head.

3 I can comment or dig at a player who doesnt play at all or played 22 games.

4. Nice strawmaning.You imagined that i posted because we lost after we lost and proceded from there.

5 Nice comments about my negative attitude or how i am a shit fan or how my atitude wont get me far in life. ( yes i presume u talked about me and people who dig at wesley too)

Yah u really "smart"...

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

We've got some really shit fans. Genuinely.

We ALL want the club to do well. Having different options about how we achieve this is both healthy and normal. It is okay to disagree with someone's point  of view, surely this makes the forum more diverse and interesting.....

Football fans are fecking embarrassing sometimes. 

3 hours ago, John said:

When I noticed the activity on this, I thought that perhaps there was some good news on his recovery. It seems not. Hurry on back Wes, you have some competition for your first team place now and I'm sure you will respond to it. :thumb:   

Well said. 

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He put his body on the line?

I mean its stuff like this that doesn't really help the case with the extreme views. 

Oh right so getting injured isn't putting your body on the line, yeah ok that's ridiculous to say it's not, it has put you out hasn't it for some time. I don't see why you it you don't class injury situations as putting your body on the line, just some are more severe than others. Going out there and getting injured for the club your playing for is putting yourself physically and possibly mentally at harm. Does not matter whether your out for a week, three years or it ends your career, the moment the injury to your body happens it puts stress onto you in more than one way and can alter your career.

6 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

1. I posted not after a lost game but after samatas goal. 

2. Its not my problem that u feel its weird that person can compare strikers and theyr ability to score with theyr head.

3 I can comment or dig at a player who doesnt play at all or played 22 games.

4. Nice strawmaning.You imagined that i posted because we lost after we lost and proceded from there.

5 Nice comments about my negative attitude or how i am a shit fan or how my atitude wont get me far in life. ( yes i presume u talked about me and people who dig at wesley too)

Yah u really "smart"...

Its the timing of peoples posts, these posts towards Wesley have all of a sudden popped up against the lad, all but after weve lost, is it coincidence?? it doesn't look like it, feels like people's frustration is being aimed towards his direction.

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Its the timing of peoples posts, these posts towards Wesley have all of a sudden popped up against the lad, all but after weve lost, is it coincidence?? it doesn't look like it, feels like people's frustration is being aimed towards his direction.

Well its simplistic presumptouos and factualy innacurate assumption originaly made by mister omariqy.  My original comment was the first made in long time in this forum i made it after samatas goal to dig at wesleys innability to jump. Omariqy came imagined things that i wrote after game just to vent my frustrations just because we lost and then some people read it and lost theyr minds. In this forum literaly some of the people rejecting rational criticisms just because they think people vent because we lost.what?

Jesus we just had a game with Samata our DIRECT wesley replacement and some people rejecting comparisons betwen these two strikers or digs or frustrations about wesley just because they write after a lost game?  this is not even funny its so absurd.

Edited by Tumblerseven

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Well said. 

I'm surprised we haven't seen a revamped version of the "It's the negativity he breeds into the fans by being so poor which filters through to the players and causes them to be so poor themselves". Guessing the squad are still coming out of that trauma and and displaying PTSD occassionally with some of the recent poor performances.

Anyway in reference to some of the other comments, by many accounts, we were after Wesley AND Samatta or another like him in the summer and the deal fell through for one reason or another.

6 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Well its simplistic presumptouos and factualy innacurate assumption originaly made by mister omariqy.  My original comment was the first made in long time in this forum i made it after samatas goal to dig at wesleys innability to jump. Omariqy came imagined things that i wrote after game just to vent my frustrations just because we lost and then some people read it and lost theyr minds. In this forum literaly some of the people rejecting rational criticisms just because they think people vent because we lost.what?

Jesus we just had a game with Samata our DIRECT wesley replacement and some people rejecting comparisons betwen these two strikers or digs or frustrations about wesley just because they write after a lost game?  this is not even funny its so absurd.

As "shit" as Wesley is/was, how do you know Borja Baston isn't his replacement?

Anyway as I posted above, we were apparently after Wesley AND another striker of Samattas ilk in the summer and it never came off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As "shit" as Wesley is/was, how do you know Borja Baston isn't his replacement?

Anyway as I posted above, we were apparently after Wesley AND another striker of Samattas ilk in the summer and it never came off.

Hey u know what when Borja will play and score from a header i promise i will write here about wesleys innability to do that  ok?  :) just for u buddy. 

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tumblerseven said:

Calm down a bit buddy, we are all Villa fans here. Of course you may have your opinion on if Wesley can jump or not, but if you have a dig towards a player and put it in a sarcastic manner others have their full right to react on it. As this thread has gone a bit rouge when it comes to abuse, expect more reactions when having a dig.

When it comes to jumping and heading my take on it is that Wesley is probably better in the sense that he would win more headers than Samatta, for example Wesley was deployed in the Tammy position defending corners, I'm not sure if Samatta was played there. Of the little that I've seen of Samatta he looks like a great goal scorer, with great timing and a good leap, I would expect him to score more headed goals than Wesley, but mostly because of his timing and general goal scoring instincts. When it comes to "jumping" or winning headers I think Wesley is probably better, both because he is much taller and stronger and because he seems perfectly ok when it comes to jumping (and not having defenders climbing on his back).  

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, av1 said:

Well said. 

Another who needs to get a grip. 

We always seem to have players that are untouchable to a section of our fans. And those players are always the ones playing poorly. Really strange. 

No one has said anything offensive towards the guy and people are acting like he's being attacked. 

Ridiculous. 

20 hours ago, omariqy said:

See I have no issues with that. And agree with it mostly. I think it was wrong to expect someone the same age as Keinan Davis in his first season in England to fire us to safety. I expected him to get 10 goals this season which he was on course for. 

Unfortunately the club made that decision by failing to sign another player in the summer.

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Oh right so getting injured isn't putting your body on the line, yeah ok that's ridiculous to say it's not, it has put you out hasn't it for some time. I don't see why you it you don't class injury situations as putting your body on the line, just some are more severe than others. Going out there and getting injured for the club your playing for is putting yourself physically and possibly mentally at harm. Does not matter whether your out for a week, three years or it ends your career, the moment the injury to your body happens it puts stress onto you in more than one way and can alter your career.

This is one of the most ludicrous posts I've read on here. And that's saying something. 

He didn't sign up for the army or join the police. He got tackled in a football game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No one has said anything offensive towards the guy and people are acting like he's being attacked. 

I thought the post suggesting he’s shit in the air because he’s too lazy to jump was a personal attack.

He is shit in the air, but to suggest it’s because he can’t be arsed is ridiculous.

Even when he wasn’t pressing well it’s a stretch to attribute it to laziness. Always seemed to be more frustration (which still isn’t good) to me.

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I thought the post suggesting he’s shit in the air because he’s too lazy to jump was a personal attack.

He is shit in the air, but to suggest it’s because he can’t be arsed is ridiculous.

Even when he wasn’t pressing well it’s a stretch to attribute it to laziness. Always seemed to be more frustration (which still isn’t good) to me.

Bit of a push to be classed as a personal attack. How many players get accused of being lazy? It's a criticism of their attitude but I'd find it hard to think its would be classed as an embarrassing personal attack on a player 

Â