Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 17/04/2020 at 10:03, sir_gary_cahill said:

I only praise Drinkwater for his achievements from years ago in hope that he can get back to that. I acknowledge that he won’t get back to that now

I don't feel there is any way back for Drinkwater  in the Premier league. The fact that after half a season at Burnley he showed up so badly out of shape tells me he is just cashing paycheques now.

Damn Shame !!  He was very good at Leicester !!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I don't feel there is any way back for Drinkwater  in the Premier league. The fact that after half a season at Burnley he showed up so badly out of shape tells me he is just cashing paycheques now.

Why do you think that Smith brought him to the club then?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think that Smith brought him to the club then?

No idea mate. Dont even seem the sort of player to inspire others, just looks a player running out his career. He obviously dont graft in training, he's blowing out at 30 minutes, an that's being fair to him. He'll be no use to us at the restart, no use at all. Reminds me of the shite we used to sign, you know, players with premier league experience.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No idea mate. Dont even seem the sort of player to inspire others, just looks a player running out his career. He obviously dont graft in training, he's blowing out at 30 minutes, an that's being fair to him. He'll be no use to us at the restart, no use at all. Reminds me of the shite we used to sign, you know, players with premier league experience.

He’s our only central defensive midfielder that can actually get on the ball, dictate play and he knows the league too. Yes, he has done wrong with the confrontation with Jota but no player anywhere is squeaky clean

I stand by my opinion that we have been a lot worse without him. I don’t know the true facts... haven’t been bothered to research it, but I think we look a lot weaker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I stand by my opinion that we have been a lot worse without him. I don’t know the true facts... haven’t been bothered to research it, but I think we look a lot weaker. 

No.

We've looked a lot worse without McGinn.

Wesley has been a totally and utterly flop of a signing.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No.

We've looked a lot worse without McGinn.

Wesley has been a totally and utterly flop of a signing.

Hit me with the numbers... 

I'd say Wesley helped us win a few matches personally, notably against Everton and Norwich.

You might argue Wesley was playing OK in the Burnley match too, his injury (and Heaton's) coincided with our poor form.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Results in the 7 league games after he got injured is pretty similar to the 7 before he got injured. 5 losses, 1 win, 1 draw. Add in the game he got injured in and it's another 3 points. 

He didn't feature in our cup run other than a 15 min cameo against the Liverpool kids, where he scored.

He did look solid in the game he got injured, probably his second best game here. But for me Samatta looks infinitely better in pretty much every aspect.

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Its another Ross McCormack saga.

just glad we didn't buy him.....its was another panic recruit.

its why due dilligence on character is so important.

I'd like to know what this guy offers.

He doesn't hold the ball up. He's rarely in the box at the end of crosses. He's a poor header of the ball. His link up play isn't very good. His shooting is poor.

Samatta does everything better than him and looks to me like a proper number 9.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd like to know what this guy offers.

He doesn't hold the ball up. He's rarely in the box at the end of crosses. He's a poor header of the ball. His link up play isn't very good. His shooting is poor.

Samatta does everything better than him and looks to me like a proper number 9.

I think with one up front it is very difficult to appraise, many strikers.

samatta has been playing longer than wesley, to work these things out.

I would prefer one winger and two strikers, as opposed to two wingers and one striker....under the circumstances.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think with one up front it is very difficult to appraise, many strikers.

samatta has been playing longer than wesley, to work these things out.

I would prefer one winger and two strikers, as opposed to two wingers and one striker....under the circumstances.

Wesley might work better in a 4-4-2. He simply isn't a number 9

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wesley might work better in a 4-4-2. He simply isn't a number 9

The problem is we have screwed up midfield too much to play with two strikers.....so we now have 2 dep'ts screwed.

we just throw bodies at our midfield, there is no cohesive structure, so it affects whats in front and behind.

I think Wesley is partly a victim of all that.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Its not about the premier league experience being the issue.

its signing the right players.....is the issue......and it has been for too long now.

Â