Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

18 minutes ago, grobs said:

Today we all saw the difference between premier league quality strikers and a fraud who cost 22 million. 

Whoa, watch your tongue. That 22m pound striker occupies the defenders you pay good money to go and watch.

3 Hail Marys for you.

HE CANT CONTROL THE FUCZXKING FOOTBALL PEOPLE

Edited by Delphinho123

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

The nonsense in here FFS. When you've got so many players hiding and he's actually trying to do something and he's still getting it in the neck, you wonder whether he knocked up some of your relatives and did a runner or something. 

Exactly my thoughts!

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

The nonsense in here FFS. When you've got so many players hiding and he's actually trying to do something and he's still getting it in the neck, you wonder whether he knocked up some of your relatives and did a runner or something. 

Exactly, we know he has his limitations but the childish hyperbole in this thread is ridiculous. He did ok today, one of the few who had a half decent game. The crowd were generally supportive of him today and appreciative of the effort he put in, as one of the few that didn’t hide and kept working.

• Like 4

He lumbered round a bit, but never, ever looks like scoring.  He wasn't the worst player on the pitch, which is the best thing you can say about him.  Guilbert, who has been decent in most games, had an absolute nightmare today.  But Wesley wasn't great, far from it.  He can chest the ball down, but that's about it.

• Like 1

When you have a player who doesn’t look like causing the opposition defenders a single problem, let alone scoring, can you really refer to them as a CF? Because in Wesley we have a guy who doesn’t win headers in the box, doesn’t get shots off, doesn’t make runs that break the line. Doesn’t cause the opposition defenders any problem at all in the final 3rd. I don’t see how we survive if he is our CF for the remainder of the season, he just isn’t doing anywhere near enough. Maybe he’s doing what he’s being asked to do, in which case the management really ought to come out and say if that’s the case, and admit they’ve got it badly wrong. We do seem to have a set up where it looks like the main focus of the CF is to bring others into play. Which would be a major flaw, IMO. 

• Like 2

He owes Smith something, the faith is utterly remarkable. Cannot play football. He won't be scoring in the championship if we go down, especially with no Jack Grealish at the club.

Was nowhere near our worst player today because he tried.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoa, watch your tongue. That 22m pound striker occupies the defenders you pay good money to go and watch.

3 Hail Marys for you.

HE CANT CONTROL THE FUCZXKING FOOTBALL PEOPLE

This is the worst thing for me. If you have a striker who doesn't score very often, he has to be good at winning and holding onto the ball. He usually gets outmuscled, at which point he throws himself to the floor. When he does win the ball it usually pings off him straight to an opposition player. I also can't remember someone so tall being beaten to so many headers either.

I want him to succeed, but it's ridiculous that he's playing so poorly and starting every game at the moment.

• Like 1

Late on I think at 3-1... Grealish by some miracle managed to squeeze the ball through about 5 players and give it to him out towards the left hand side of the box.

I don't know what happened but he either missed it, or was taken by surprise, or it bounced off his shin but suddenly he's scuffing it into a tackle with someone.

How can you not be ready to receive the ball in the box, 13 yards from goal?! ARRGGGH! FFS! He reacts a week after the ball is on it's way. He's got no basic understanding or anticipation skills. If you've even seen young American kids play football, it's a bit like that. They've got no basis of understanding of how the game works because they're young, but also because they've hardly watched it.

He's so effing bad I can't believe it. Honestly can't. You could drop ten different League 2 strikers in there that would have contributed more than him this season. They would do something, not just nothing almost every single match. Challenge for a ball, not be on the wrong side of the pitch constantly.

It's mostly been anger, but today I did feel a bit sorry for him because he was trying. To reiterate, far from out worst player today.

Â