Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m on board with this idea and feel we shouldn’t ignore the option of resigning John Carew, Peter Withe or Andy Gray either. 

Haha come on. You acting like Benteke is finished as a player. He still gets a lots of minutes for Palace. He is just desperate for a goal.  Once one goes in the floodgates will open. 

• Like 1

Benteke scored his last goal exactly 8 months ago today. April 21st 2019 against Arsenal. Incidentally the only (league) goal he scored last season.

Then we have to go back another full year to find his previous one that was scored on April 28th 2018 against Leicester.

That's £120k/w for a guy who has a scoring rate on once per year :D The guy has had his knees destroyed by injuries. He is finished.

Given enough time he might score the odd goal, but so will Wesley as he's shown.

Any talk of Benteke is just nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haha come on. You acting like Benteke is finished as a player. He still gets a lots of minutes for Palace. He is just desperate for a goal.  Once one goes in the floodgates will open. 

As long as they don’t open against us!

He owes Smith something here.

It's like having 10. Can you see when they lash it forward all you have to do is stop the centre half heading it away. Like Long and Ings are 75% of every hump forwards.

We can't get the ball forwards because he's never there. I don't know how he can be in the wrong place so often.

Obviously, everyone was shit that half aside from Jacko.

Wesley plays like there is another striker ahead of him. All of his movement is the way you'd expect a second striker in a front 2 to play.

So given that we don't have much option, I think we just need to play a front 2 of Wesley and Kodjia. Yes we lose some midfield talent, but with McGinn injured we might as well give it a shot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The nonsense in here FFS. When you've got so many players hiding and he's actually trying to do something and he's still getting it in the neck, you wonder whether he knocked up some of your relatives and did a runner or something. 

Cobblers. He's a striker who doesn't score. Well, apart from some scouse toddlers of course.

17 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Cobblers. He's a striker who doesn't score. Well, apart from some scouse toddlers of course.

We don't give him any service FFS. What's he supposed to do with our absolute mess from midfield? Do you actually watch the games or just look at the score afterwards? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, lexicon said:

We don't give him any service FFS. What's he supposed to do with our absolute mess from midfield? Do you actually watch the games or just look at the score afterwards? 

I support Villa not Wesley FC. He's a striker who doesnt score goals or works to get goals.

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Same things were said about Hogan for a long time. 

Better today but still not good enough, should have scored with a good chance in the first half and got the ball closer to the corner flag. 

Kodjia did just as well if not better with his work on the ball. Wesley simply has to be dropped. Smith has been setting all the wrong incentives for starting him for so long whilst not delivering. Sends out a really bad message.

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Probably the worst buy in Villas history. 

He presents no threat. He doesn’t get into the correct position for a CF. Kodija is not the answer but his movement is miles ahead of Wesley

A huge mistake 

When you consider the fee, his atrocious performances and the fact our main striker being terrible will be a key factor in our relegation, you have to think he's right up there. 

It's been a disaster. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He was probably one of our better players today 

He was completely anonymous. No credit at all from me for laying the ball off under no pressure in the middle of the park - he has literally no idea where he should be when we go forward - just stands around looking bewildered. 

Ings and Long are journeyman striker but looked world class in comparison. For me Wesley is the biggest reason for our poor performances ( not the only reason but the biggest) - If we’d bought Maupay instead I think we would be doing far far better

Hard to believe there are still some willing to excuse the powderpuff stuff he serves up every week - I’m not saying he doesn’t try but he is as far from what is required as you could imagine

If Smith picks him next time out things could get ugly

Â