RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

That was magnificent by Trezeguet.

Cue meltdown on social media due to all those new Egyptian Villa fans having a mass stroke off ;)

• Haha 4

I just wanna say thank you Leipzig you’ve given me confidence our boys are going to be just fine. Only Liverpool, City and Spurs will play that way. The rest of the premier league are slow and turgid, we are definitely staying up with performances like that. We held on at times but we more than held our own.

Hourihane what a left foot. Grealish’s passing was good throughout he can’t beat everyone . Mings and Engels were solid. 

Just now, wilko154 said:

Hourihane needs dropping, no way can he play against Spurs.

giphy.gif

I'm torn with hourihane, granted 2 goals, but the other 89 minutes and 30 seconds he wasn't good in the DM role.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We conceded chances far to easily but I don’t think we quite expected the intensity they played at. Second half we seemed to step it up. 

I think was more as they tired and couldn't press so aggressively we started to run the show.

• Like 1

Heaton is an absolute monster, or best signing on this evidence. He alone will ensure our safety this season.

Hourihane showing definitively why he must be around the starting 11 - defensively he's suspect, but his set pieces are game changers.

It was nice to see Jimmy too. He didn't have much chance to prove himself, but he clearly offers something different to Wes. I'd say he's plenty good enough to be backup this season.

All in all, if we play like this all season, we're going to be just fine.

Â