dont_do_it_doug.

The Premier League is so overrated, y'all will see when we get there. The bottom half of very poor with lots of poor players making up the ranks. The 3 teams that came up this season can more than mix it up next season. Even Cardiff was in it this season until the penultimate game.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Then we really are in trouble. He is a squad player at most we need much more quality starting for us in this league. 

Sorry could you elaborate, I was hoping someone who had watched every game Jota had played could give me more insight into him......

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Premier League is so overrated, y'all will see when we get there. The bottom half of very poor with lots of poor players making up the ranks. The 3 teams that came up this season can more than mix it up next season. Even Cardiff was in it this season until the penultimate game.

I think you are correct, we beat Wolves 4-1 a year ago, we played them off the park, look how quickly they’ve gone from Championship winners to finishing 7th in the Premier League. I think it highlights how poor the league is currently in general, Wolves are nothing special in my opinion, I think we’re better than them. The top 6 are so far ahead of everyone else, it’s scary

49 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Then we really are in trouble. He is a squad player at most we need much more quality starting for us in this league. 

We didn’t sign him to start. We still planning to have El Ghazi and probably another winger. He’s a squad player to fill the whole attacking midfield spots. But what if he earned his chance and grabbed it? Smith is a manager who believes in hard workers. Whoever shows his ability will be chosen. Steer came back to be a number 2 compared to Kalinic who was bought as a number 1. Smith himself bought him. But Steer grabbed his chance.

We’d probably have another LB, but if House had a chance and showed ability he will grab that position or even Mings position for a while. Thats the good thing about competing between players.

You buy certain qualities with intent to play them. If the squad play have surpassed him or had a great form, just let him have his chance.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are correct, we beat Wolves 4-1 a year ago, we played them off the park, look how quickly they’ve gone from Championship winners to finishing 7th in the Premier League. I think it highlights how poor the league is currently in general, Wolves are nothing special in my opinion, I think we’re better than them. The top 6 are so far ahead of everyone else, it’s scary

How come we are better than Wolves? We’re not even better than ourselves last week let alone Wolves.

We still didn’t have the system integrated in longer terms.

Wolves had additions since they were up, and they had a proper plan and proper way of playing.

We do have a good potential, but Wolves, Leicester, Everton and possibly West Ham are in another level than the other 10 (well usually team in that level changes). But still the latter 3 seem to have been solid for a while, and Wolves are definitely in the right direction.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How come we are better than Wolves? We’re not even better than ourselves last week let alone Wolves.

We still didn’t have the system integrated in longer terms.

Wolves had additions since they were up, and they had a proper plan and proper way of playing.

We do have a good potential, but Wolves, Leicester, Everton and possibly West Ham are in another level than the other 10 (well usually team in that level changes). But still the latter 3 seem to have been solid for a while, and Wolves are definitely in the right direction.

In my opinion, we have better players, manager, stadium, fanbase. They’ve spent a lot of money in a short space of time, I think there is something dodgy going on there with the Portuguese connection, do you agree?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, we have better players, manager, stadium, fanbase. They’ve spent a lot of money in a short space of time, I think there is something dodgy going on there with the Portuguese connection, do you agree?

To be honest since we’ve been down I haven’t followed the Premier League, I can’t remember watching full game up there. I don’t know wether Wolves have their own problems or not. But from what I’ve seen when they promoted + what I’ve read and there results. Its not a coincidence thing. They’re going into the right direction. They had their plan since they were in league 1. Any team that can promote in less than 2 years in the championship coming from League 1 then they’re definitely doing a proper work. Norwich, Southampton, Wolves and now Sheffield U. Ofcourse that won’t mean they’ll do good in the Premier League as thats a huge step, and needs another calibre of players. But all of them managed to stay comfortably (in Wolves case they’ve went to Europe).

In terms of what you’ve said, our fanbase and stadium didn’t prevent us from going down. It didn’t win us promotion for 3 season (and we went by playoffs when we were 5th). I’m not saying its not a good factor, but huge work was needed.

I can’t compare our manager to Wolves manager but I’m really happy with Deano and hope he could be the legend we’re waiting for. 

In terms of players and squad, we’re definitely not better than. We’re still not better than we were last week actually.

Well he is without question better than green. Greens been utterly poor this year. He seems to be getting worse as the season goes on. 

I don't think jota will be a immediate starter. 

From what I have seen of jota last few years at Blose he looks a bit lite weight and likes to cut inside a lot which is predictable. But he is very quick and likes to pick a pass out. 

At Blose he is definitely not suited to that hoofball super negative style of football. He looks like he will flourish under a attacking side. I think for 3-4m and getting rid of the woeful gardner as well isn't a bad deal. It's a punt for sure but at this level it's peanuts very low risk. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wes said:

We've replaced Adomah's bench depth for a player Smith knows well (and has been able to get the best out of before), whilst also offloading a player who wasn't going to get any game time for us in Gardner.

Jota will be a good squad player - already accustomed to Smith's tactical and training philosophy and will be good to have on the training pitch when we have a lot of new players coming in who will need to get up to speed fast.

I don't believe he's our starting right sided attacker next season. Think that transfer will still come. But as a Squad Player, and as a transaction as a whole, it ticks a lot of boxes.

Also, a Spanish speaker in the Senior Squad would certainly help if we wanted to bring in, for instance, a younger native Spanish speaker in to the team at some point down the road...

Let's not forget, Spain is where Suso knows best. Wouldn't be too surprised for at least one of the new faces joining us this season to come from there. It would make sense to utilise his connections and knowledge to the fullest.

Thumbs up from me if it goes through.

Pretty much what I'm thinking about this possible deal, Wes. 

Suso will probably have Spanish talent lined up for Smith to cherry pick from and there are probably Sevilla connected players amongst them. 

I liked the look of Jota when he played for Brentford and he scored a lot for them. Dean Smith knows him well and will get the best out of him. He may have looked poor for SHA but let's face it, it must be difficult to play good football when you're playing in a sewer every other week!

For £4m it seems like good business to me. 

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Here are some recent highlights. Doesn't strike me as a player who'll set the Premier League on fire, but happy with the price we seem to be getting for a player who should be hitting his peak, and should be able to slot in across all the attacking midfield positions.

Small heaths finishing in that video is absolutely comical. 

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

Small heaths finishing in that video is absolutely comical. 

That is so true. Truth is, he would have had double the assists if he had been playing for a half decent side! I actually laughed out loud twice. 

Just seen a YouTube vid of his goals and assists for Brentford in 2017...one of which was against us in that 3-0 drubbing...he looks a tidy player with more up his sleeve than Adomah IMO. 

Just now, M_Afro said:

That is so true. Truth is, he would have had double the assists if he had been playing for a half decent side! I actually laughed out loud twice. 

100% just awful. Small heath are going to have someone's pants down if they get what they want for Adams,

4 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but you can piss right off 😃

With your set up though....I'm sure will find and develop a more than adequate replacement ;)

Â