dont_do_it_doug.

Really hope the majority don't go needlessly daft over this. 

Yes, we're signing a SHA player but I remember when they signed him. I thought that was a massive coup for them and remember being quite annoyed that Redknapp had signed a good technical player who was in great form (under a certain Dean Smith) 

I think this is excellent business. We've got GG off the books and brought in a player who can actually play a bit. 

We all trust Dean Smith by now surely? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Interesting, they also have El Ghazi's weight to be 90kg's haha. 
I can imagine that's mostly because El Ghazi was very inconsistent for the majority of the season until the final few games. I've barely ever seen Jota before, so cannot judge him whatsoever, it just worries me that we are gonna end up with another relatively high aged unproven overpaid player, I was expecting us to go for younger players with high resale potential. But I do trust Smith. My only wish with Jota is that he does not sign a long term contract. 

He is 28,not 35! Give him a 3 year deal and get rid of him at 30 to a championship team. Adomah was 7m and he was nearly 30 when we signed him. 

A squad needs to have a mix of youth and experience. This is one of the latter. 

Edited by Made In Aston

From SHA site 😂

"Can imagine them pricks now. We’ve taken their 2nd best player to rot in our reserves. To be fair at the moment feels that way. Not desperate to sign gardner. I’d rather not sell them one our most valuable assets."

Edited by Kiwivillan

Villa fans have tendency to presume that players aren't very good  just because they play for small heath, I think that's the reason that some seem to overrate the job that Monk was doing last season, when in reality they had a team that should be around mid-table. When Jota signed for them he was rated by many as the best in the league, and it's not as if he's been a disaster since.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

I actually thought there was going to be a really big meltdown about me 'coming back', with loads of people saying how great it is that I'm back, the reason I waited until promotion is because I wanted to add to the ecstasy of the occassion. But I'm glad there wasn't as I find the compliments quite overwhelming, just like in real life.

Sorry for the embarrassment :unsure:

Genuinely happy to see you back though, you're a great poster. I'll say no more on it. 

Here are some recent highlights. Doesn't strike me as a player who'll set the Premier League on fire, but happy with the price we seem to be getting for a player who should be hitting his peak, and should be able to slot in across all the attacking midfield positions.

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Here are some recent highlights. Doesn't strike me as a player who'll set the Premier League on fire, but happy with the price we seem to be getting for a player who should be hitting his peak, and should be able to slot in across all the attacking midfield positions.

He looks like he will be fine in the PL. An added bonus is that he makes all the the sha players looks like the crap they are. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

Villa fans have tendency to presume that players aren't very good  just because they play for small heath, I think that's the reason that some seem to overrate the job that Monk was doing last season, when in reality they had a team that should be around mid-table. When Jota signed for them he was rated by many as the best in the league, and it's not as if he's been a disaster since.

Absolutely. 

He's done OK in a team who simply don't play football. 

Could be a great addition to the squad.

McGrath knows he'll thoroughly enjoy playing with footballers again! 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So would we rather bring on Andre Green, Adomah, or this guy as a sub?

I think he’ll start for us and be a key player, I think a lot of people will be surprised at how good he actually is

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’ll start for us and be a key player, I think a lot of people will be surprised at how good he actually is

Then we really are in trouble. He is a squad player at most we need much more quality starting for us in this league. 

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Then we really are in trouble. He is a squad player at most we need much more quality starting for us in this league. 

There's a load of average teams and players in the PL. Is he worse than the likes of Bernard at Everton with 1 goal 3 assists etc. You could throw a blanket over us and anyone outside the top 6 and I actually think Arsenal and Chelsea will regress

Â