dont_do_it_doug.

Blues mate of mine said he’s easily their most talented player. That the reason he’s struggled at times is that he wants the ball on the floor and likes the ball into feet to play one two’s. And their main tactic is to knock it long to Che Adams and hope he can leather a shot on goal, so the game kind of bypasses him. Certainly sounds like our type of player.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Think this has took us all by surprise. Obviously a talent on his day, hopefully can make the step up. Smith obviously knows him well. Decent back up

Back up for who? I can’t see him not starting, considering our right wing options

Think he'll link well with Grealish.

Always remember how Jack and Carles Gill played some lovely 1-2s when they played together. Albeit they rarely did and the football being played at the time wasn't really set up to get the best out of either player.

Imagine that now with Jack being a better player and under a manager that actually wants to play that type of football.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Back up for who? I can’t see him not starting, considering our right wing options

Long way to go before the start of the season. I’d be surprised if he’s been brought in as a nailed on starter. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The new winger. I think it's a racing certainly that we will sign another winger. 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Dean knows what he’s doing. “Right we’re PL now, lets just buy their best player for the lols”

In exchange for a pittance and one of our fringe players that's somehow probably their next best player. Hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No brainer for me? No one else would be mad enough to sign GG as let's be honest, he's piss poor. Sounds like it's either a straight swap of a couple of million added on. 

Jota was the best attacker in the Championship under Smith a couple of years ago and will presumably come here as backup to another RW we sign. 

Plus it is a disaster of a deal for Small Heath 🤣

• Haha 1

I have no problem with this kind of signing. It's low risk. He's 27, we suit his style of play, he likes DS, and he's already settled in the Birmingham area. If he doesn't quite hit the right level, then we have a useful squad player who hasn't cost us much money.

I think we'll be making a few of these value buys to give the squad more depth. We don't want to be in a position mid-season where we're having to play people out of position or hand emergency debuts to youth team players.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Blues mate of mine said he’s easily their most talented player. That the reason he’s struggled at times is that he wants the ball on the floor and likes the ball into feet to play one two’s. And their main tactic is to knock it long to Che Adams and hope he can leather a shot on goal, so the game kind of bypasses him. Certainly sounds like our type of player.

If this is true, then it's a very good purchase. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

Not claiming to be in the know, but I managed to sneak a pic of jota arriving at bodymoor earlier

lead_720_405.jpeg

Surprised Purslow is the one doing the cleaning here?  Even he knows how quickly the "rage" virus can spread!  See the Birmingham Mail in the window getting first pics.  :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

Not claiming to be in the know, but I managed to sneak a pic of jota arriving at bodymoor earlier

lead_720_405.jpeg

Was worried we'd gone back to the Tactic's Tim facials there for a moment..

• Haha 2

Â