Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

For all the talk of Norwich and their injury crisis eight of the players that started today, Amadou, Godfrey, Lewis, McLean, Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Pukki, all started in their win over Man City, and two of the players that came off the bench today, Drmic and Srbeny, also came off the bench against City. Aarons would have played against City as well if he'd have been fit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The issue is we've dropped pts against the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, West Ham and Crystal Palace.

Every one of those teams have a genuine  chance of a top half finish. 

Norwich, imo, are the first team that we have faced that are going to be "in and around us" and we smashed them. 

I've  seen enough  to give me confidence  that we can stay up. 

faced 

Palace haven't finished lower than 15th since they were promoted six seasons ago. I wasn't expecting them to start this well, but saw them as having more than a very good chance of surviving, Hodgson is a good manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Everton in 17th....another summer of massive spending by them and they seem to get worse every year, can hardly score a goal away from home.

Everton remind me of us a season before we went down, fingers crossed the can turn it around 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Our goal difference is good as well compared to the teams below. That could be vital as well. 

I was thinking this earlier.  Also most teams above us if we catch them will have worse goal difference as well so could help us climb if we carry on winning. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Palace haven't finished lower than 15th since they were promoted six seasons ago. I wasn't expecting them to start this well, but saw them as having more than a very good chance of surviving, Hodgson is a good manager.

Also shows our performance down there wasn't that bad considering the ref screwed us over at every opportunity throughout the 90 mins. 

Allardyce is a good manager as well, took Everton from the relegation zone to seventh a couple of seasons ago. I wouldn't call him a similar manager to Hodgson though, not so much with Palace but Hodgson's teams usually play pretty good football, I think it's lazy to band him in with the other British football dinosaurs.

• Like 3

Everton on the quiet are starting to look well dodgy.  That would be a shocking relegation if they don't improve. That swanky stadium would suffer a big delay for sure. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Wouldn't go as far as calling Hodgson a good manager.

Pretty much in the Allardyce mold. Will do the job but mid table is all you can hope for really.

Hodgson is miles better than Allardyce, done wonders on the continent and Fulham even West Brom too. Liverpool or Inter would never touch an Allardyce

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking this earlier.  Also most teams above us if we catch them will have worse goal difference as well so could help us climb if we carry on winning. 

If we can get a good result against Brighton, then not get smashed by Citeh and Plop I guess we’ll be looking like a team will complete the reasonable GD.