Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We're the 6th highest scorers in the league.

An important point given we were wondering where our goals were going to come from. Good to see them spread out across the team too.

We've now scored more than double the amount Everton have and yesterday's haul was more than Watford and Newcastle have managed all season. 

Palace have only managed 8 in 8 and somehow find themselves in 4th. That's not sustainable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

An important point given we were wondering where our goals were going to come from. Good to see them spread out across the team too.

We've now scored more than double the amount Everton have and yesterday's haul was more than Watford and Newcastle have managed all season. 

Palace have only managed 8 in 8 and somehow find themselves in 4th. That's not sustainable.

Well the way Smith set up his team is similar to Pep.

By using a centre forward getting supported by 2 inside forwards and a midfield and fullbacks allowed to bomb forward goals really will come from everywhere.

It's the defense i'm worried about. Think Norwich had 20 shots yesterday, i just hope we will score more than we will concede!

Edited by villalad21

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Cant see utd winning, theyre as bad as Newcastle. 0-0 written all over that.

City must be due another 8-0 today hopefully

0-0 draw, will keep both clubs plodding along and will cause disappointment rather than outrage.

OGS has his injury crisis to blame for it and for Bruce it will be a result that will shut a few people up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Would like to see a thorough bumming of Wolves and NUFC today. 

Would please me more to see Newcastle lose. They are direct relegation contenders and i dislike them as a club more.

Wolves are a bit annoying but not enough to make me dislike them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Everton on the quiet are starting to look well dodgy.  That would be a shocking relegation if they don't improve. That swanky stadium would suffer a big delay for sure. 

4 league defeats on the spin

5 in last 6 going back to us beating them. Lost to 2 newly promoted teams theyve played so far.

natives not happy. Its a slippery slope when fans constantly want to change managers. So glad we've done our cycle and have found stability now. Its good to be in a good place :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Got to admit i find it sickening that Burnley and Palace are 4th and 5th.

British anti football still manages to get results.

Palace were 6th in the league last season on away results because of counter attacking away style. Not sure how that's anti football?

36 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Palace were 6th in the league last season on away results because of counter attacking away style. Not sure how that's anti football?

Not sexy enough managers! 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Got to admit i find it sickening that Burnley and Palace are 4th and 5th.

British anti football still manages to get results.

Burnley is new Stoke, can see them finishing top half tbh. Palace will drop a bit as they still don't win many home games over a season and couldn't beat Wolves who only had 10 men. We also should've had a 1-1 there.

Can see Bournemouth finishing above both anyway so there's the progressive British manager and you've got Rodgers at Leicester who's going to finish pretty high up this season.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

4 league defeats on the spin

5 in last 6 going back to us beating them. Lost to 2 newly promoted teams theyve played so far.

natives not happy. Its a slippery slope when fans constantly want to change managers.

Should have kept Fat Sam. Best manager they've had in years :ph34r:

• Like 1

Everton just have weird mentality.

Last season they were going along at steady rate, 7th or 8th in league, played well at Anfield and lost that with the freak goal in last minute and then they went into mouring, were terrible right up until March when they drew 0-0 at home to Liverpool and then finished the season very strongly.

The two Liverpool games basically dictated their season. Their record v them is pretty much as bad as our record v Man. United.