Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, Zatman said:

West Ham had 29 percent possession hardly total football attack

As for without a fight last I checked we arent relegated. 2016 we were relegated without a fight last I checked our destiny is in our own hands

Just because players arent good enough doesnt mean they are bottling it

But they used the ball well when they had it. They didn't just kick it away.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry mate but i cant disgaree more. How can u say they aint bottlers when you look at how many leads we have thrown away?

They haven’t thrown it away because they’ve bottled it though, it’s because when other teams have momentum against us, we aren’t good enough defensively to cope with it. And that is down to the fact our players aren’t good enough. 

Everyone is finding angles to criticise Smith, the players mentality, the effort when the problem is staring them right in the face. The players. Simply. Aren’t. Good enough. 

We’re a poorer team than when we got promoted and we finished 5th in the Championship. Our recruitment is the reason we will go down. Plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Well smith said if we attcaked chelsea we woumd get oicked off but west ham did it and scored three. We gave them the easiest three points they coild have imagined.

No i didnt think we would be top ten but i expected  more fight, more passion and not as much bottling as ive seen.

Just going down without a dight is what disappoints me the most

Did you watch the West Ham game as attacking is certainly not a word I’d use to describe their performance.

They sat back as we did and looked to counter. The fact that they have far better players than us made it much more successful.

Having said that if Samatta had scored his sitter against Chelsea and had Trezeguet done better with his chance then we could have achieved a similar result.

how many points do we think we have a chance of getting?

Liverpool - zero

manure - zero

Palace - zero/1/3

Everton - Prob zero/1

Arsenal - zero

Spam - depends on whether Spam are clear and safe, and have nothing to play for?

so....anywhere from zero being pessimistic, to 7 if im super optimistic, 7 points puts us on 34 points final.

to relegate us, Watford only need 6 points from their remaining games, they have a good chance to pick those up as they play Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham.

For Bournemouth to relegate us, well, they are down i think, they play, Manure, Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton & Everton, they might pick up 3-6 points max through all those?

I think the relegated teams will be Norwich, Villa & Bournemouth tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well smith said if we attcaked chelsea we woumd get oicked off but west ham did it and scored three. We gave them the easiest three points they coild have imagined.

No i didnt think we would be top ten but i expected  more fight, more passion and not as much bottling as ive seen.

Just going down without a dight is what disappoints me the most

Do you think Chelsea's performance vs us and their performance vs West Ham tonight was of a similar level?

Just now, Tomaszk said:

You can always back them, they've got the bottle to win.

Er. Except most games this season.

They had the bottle to win all along, they've just been hiding their true power level to troll Aston Villa FC.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

West Ham had 29 percent possession hardly total football attack

As for without a fight last I checked we arent relegated. 2016 we were relegated without a fight last I checked our destiny is in our own hands

Just because players arent good enough doesnt mean they are bottling it

Look at our results and we have quite clearly bottled it. Arsenal away blowing a 2-1 lead agajnst ten men. Spurs away and at home.  Chelsea home, liverpool home. Bournmouth  games. Getting absolutely humiliated at watford who again had ten men!And it isnt in our hands is it? As we need someone to feck up so we can go above them.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER FOOTBALLERS. 

Sigh. 

No Trezeguet is miles better than Yarmolenko and why have Felipe Anderson on the bench when you can have Jota

• Like 2

We’ll be down before we get the chance to play Palace in my opinion. Watford will have played Norwich and Newcastle by then. 

Its quite simple, I think we have to beat United or Liverpool to stand a chance. 

We’re done. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER FOOTBALLERS. 

Sigh. 

If we had Yarmolenko coming off the bench instead of Trezeguet I would hazard a cheeky guess that we'd look a bit more clinical ourselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Do you think Chelsea's performance vs us and their performance vs West Ham tonight was of a similar level?

Because west ham attacked chelseas weak defence. Smith didnt. Thats difference 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Look at our results and we have quite clearly bottled it. Arsenal away blowing a 2-1 lead agajnst ten men. Spurs away and at home.  Chelsea home, liverpool home. Bournmouth  games. Getting absolutely humiliated at watford who again had ten men!And it isnt in our hands is it? As we need someone to feck up so we can go above them.

again you say bottle it. the players arent good enough

San Marino took a 1 nil lead against England and lost 7-1 I doubt many people except you think they bottled it

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

No Trezeguet is miles better than Yarmolenko and why have Felipe Anderson on the bench when you can have Jota

I've run out of reactions but this really made me laugh.

What's going on tonight, people have lost their minds :lol:

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Arsenal - zero

Why? 

Mine would be beat Palace, beat arsenal, draw vs west ham so 7 more points 

If West ham can beat Watford and pull clear and then go play on a beach then that helps us, I'd still take needing a win vs them to stay up last game 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Because west ham attacked chelseas weak defence. Smith didnt. Thats difference 

That’s a ludicrous statement. What do you mean Smith didn’t attack Chelsea’s defence? We couldn’t get the ball off them? 

The fact that West Ham are even down there is a huge indictment of them and their coveted bottle. I'm not sure if people recall but at the start of the season they were being tipped (along with Leicester and hilariously, Everton) to gatecrash the established top 6, such was the quality of players they've been bringing in over the last couple of years.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

That’s a ludicrous statement. What do you mean Smith didn’t attack Chelsea’s defence? We couldn’t get the ball off 

We applied zero pressure on chelseas defence. Yes we were bad with the ball but smith didnt change it up to improve that aspect of our game

Its not ludicrous at alm thats what happened

We were shit and smith was very shit

So many people on here look for all manner of excuses and reasons as to why we’re going down. Negative tactics, ‘bottling it’, playing the wrong formation etc. 

Honestly, you’ll feel a lot better if you just accept our players are largely crap. 

• Like 2