Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bottling teams dont beat chelsea 3-2. We  actually were winning and collapsed again from a winning position.  Must be one of the biggest bottlers in the league the amount of leads we have thrown away.

no but they lose 3-0 to Burnley, leading twice ahead vs Liverpool and lost. Conceded 3 against attack crazy Newcastle and a 0-5 home defeat to City plus losing twice to Palace after going ahead

Fantastic bottle

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I look at West Hams' fixtures and they're not that easy... If those kind of games were easy for them they wouldn't be in a relegation fight in the first place...

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man Utd, and Aston Villa...

Only one of those in which they're clear favorite is the Norwich game.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

no but they lose 3-0 to Burnley, leading twice ahead vs Liverpool and lost. Conceded 3 against attack crazy Newcastle and a 0-5 home defeat to City plus losing twice to Palace after going ahead

Fantastic bottle

Remind me what we did against bournmouth  in both games? Oh we did so much better against city didnt we !

We have failed to beat ten men on three different occasions (one of them being west ham) 

We are the biggest chokers in the league with bournmouth 

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have been on the Championship ride recently with Villa. I have no interest in the entertainment on offer down there, from other teams or us. You enjoy though, I am happy you can get some fun out of it.

if we get relegated i'll see you in a few years then when you come back and follow us again as soon as we are promoted.

appears to me you are in the wrong forum if you can't follow your team through the bad times as well as the good !!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I look at West Hams' fixtures and they're not that easy... If those kind of games were easy for them they wouldn't be in a relegation fight in the first place...

well, we would want them to pick up 3 versus watford, and they will prob pick up 3 versus Norwich, so thats already 7 points ahead of us.

Or, they win versus Norwich and lose versus Watford, meaning Watford pull away from us.

Really, we probably want them to earn 3 points versus Norwich and Watford, so they have nothing to play for on the last day......might give us a chance of 3 points there....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well I guess we’ll see over the next six games but I still think we’ll stay up.

This is the sort of post I come on here to read. Stops me from falling into deep despair.  

Cheers Nick!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Remind me what we did against bournmouth  in both games? Oh we did so much better against city didnt we !

We have failed to beat ten men on three different occasions (one of them being west ham) 

Sure

What were you expecting again from a newly promoted team? Did you think we would be in the top 10 after winning the playoffs

It seems the years in the Championship made some of our fans more fickle instead of sending us back down to earth

• Like 3

With the talent West Ham they are the biggest chokers in the league given they are fighting relegation.  Us and Bmouth are expected to be this end of the table, they weren’t.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Us and Bournemouth are the only ones incapable of shock wins.

We roll over and have our bellies tickled.

Nope just us. Bournemouth taken 4 points off Chelsea, drawn with Arsenal and beaten Man. United this season! They nearly got a point at Liverpool aswell.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Did you predict a West Ham win today Nostradamus?

I did actually and made a tidy profit, thanks for asking.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

What do you think of the Watford fixtures? They're much harder than what West Ham have and they're two points off them.

We have to show some bottle, win a game or two (I know I know) and put big pressure on them as they will lose more games in the run in. I'm not that convinced they even want to be out there playing given what Pearson and Deeney were saying a few weeks back and Andre Gray having his birthday party.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Sure

What were you expecting again from a newly promoted team? Did you think we would be in the top 10 after winning the playoffs

It seems the years in the Championship made some of our fans more fickle instead of sending us back down to earth

Well smith said if we attcaked chelsea we woumd get oicked off but west ham did it and scored three. We gave them the easiest three points they coild have imagined.

No i didnt think we would be top ten but i expected  more fight, more passion and not as much bottling as ive seen.

Just going down without a dight is what disappoints me the most

Unless we beat Liverpoool then by the time we play Man Utd Watford will be four points ahead of us, unless Norwich can pull off a surprise, we have a better chance of being closer to West Ham at that stage as they could easily lose their next two against Newcastle and Burnley.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well smith said if we attcaked chelsea we woumd get oicked off but west ham did it and scored three. We gave them the easiest three points they coild have imagined.

No i didnt think we would be top ten but i expected  more fight, more passion and not as much bottling as ive seen.

West Ham had 29 percent possession hardly total football attack

As for without a fight last I checked we arent relegated. 2016 we were relegated without a fight last I checked our destiny is in our own hands

Just because players arent good enough doesnt mean they are bottling it

• Like 1

Well Smith is clueless tactically.

Sitting back and playing hoofball against Chelsea is about the worst thing you can do.

He should know what Lampard's strengths and weaknesses are. Having played him 5 times now.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

That good old reliable, famous West Ham bottle coming through again!

You can always back them, they've got the bottle to win.

Er. Except most games this season.