Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Us and Newcastle look comfortably the worst teams in the league which is a shame.

I feel like the players are good enough actually. They aren't doing it though and the setup is wrong, the mindset is wrong.

Biggest issue is we're rushing everything when we've got the ball. McGinn and Grealish get tired around 60/70 mins because they're spending most of the first half sprinting forward or sprinting back. Crack that and I think we'll see returns.

I think we've looked good in spells. We also went 3 and a half game with only one goal conceded (and that was with 10 men) and kept clean sheets against some very decent and costly attacking options.

To me we have the keeper, defence and midfield to survive in the league. Jury still out on the manager. Newcastle fans would probably say the same and obviously be less complimentary about their current manager.

What neither have imo is the consistant forward line to stay in the league. Can only hope it could turn into 12/13 when it was a real struggle to score up to January and then suddenly Benteke-Gabby-Wiemann all clicked and fired us to safety. Not sure we have anything like that in the squad now though so January will be huge.

Also not helping how Naive we are in terms of game management. That costs points at prem level aswell as we've found out a few times now.

I'm not so downcast because it was always going to take time to blend all the new signings in and work out what the best 11 is really. Dean Smith needs time. The one worry for me is the lack of competition up front. This season is just about survival. I am old enough to remember when we got promoted in 87/88? under Taylor. That first season we only just survived, next season we finished 2nd. That wont happen again but I hope we give the manager the time he deserves. No way we would have got promoted under Bruce last season. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm not so downcast because it was always going to take time to blend all the new signings in and work out what the best 11 is really.

I'd be more on board with that sentiment if we were actually experimenting with the XI, but we are barely changing anything game to game.

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

We're gonna get **** relegated. We should have taken 6 points from the last 2 games and have 1 to show for it. Utterly pathetic.

Would you have said that before those games though? Let's face it, we think we should have had 6 points because we started well in both games. Isn't that to DS's credit? Or is management only about the last 30 mins?

Realistically most of us would have been happy to come away from those two games with a couple of points.

I don’t think that we are a poor side. I think that we are at best a mid table team that play some decent football.

We are in for a relegation battle which is nothing new. What we lack is real quality to see us through some games. We need 5/6 wins before the window reopens.

DS needs to be more assertive when it comes to making decisions. We need another striker to compliment or challenge Wesley and we need a wide forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

We have been cheated out of 2 points. They could be massive come the end of the season.

Actually it would have been massive even for our current state. It would have give us a huge lift going to West Ham and Burnley.