Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Troy deeney strongly voicing opposition to playing. I dont like that gimp but hard to argue with anyghing he says

Troy Deeney is a clown. It's not like we're sending Covid-19 infected players out on the pitch. It's a very restricted and closed off environment with testing and protection of players, rather than what it would have been with people in the stadium.

To compare the safeness of a full crowd to 22 tested players out on the pitch is stupid beyond comprehension.

But Deeney never came across as the brightest to me. 

Yes he said if it’s not safe for fans it’s not safe for players. Well there no way football is going to return for a very long time with fans so maybe he’s right he will end up broke but safe 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont like deeney but he makes several valid points. 

I think we might end up seeing a lot of players saying they don’t want to be involved. 

Wouldn’t blame them at all. Risking themselves and in turn their families for our entertainment.

Well within their rights to tell the league, clubs, FA to do one

• Like 2

From Sky...no relegation, yet they say PL have to relegate.  Am I missing something or is that hypocritical?

“League Two clubs have voted to end their seasons early, pending approval from the EFL and FA. 

An indicative vote was taken. Voting was unanimous and all clubs decided that three teams will be promoted to League One, the League Two play-offs will still take place, and no teams will be relegated to the National League.“

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

To be ratified but if FA ratify it then I struggle to see how they can force other leagues to relegate 

It wouldn’t have got this far, if they weren’t reasonably confident the FA would ratify I wouldn’t thought, especially as it’s out in the public now.

1 minute ago, chips'ngravy said:

According to Dan Roan on BBC this would see West Ham drop into the bottom 3 🤣

Also we'd stay in it. In that case I'd rather we played at least we have a small chance of getting out rather than none

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Also we'd stay in it. In that case I'd rather we played at least we have a small chance of getting out rather than none

That, unfortunately, appears to be true. Although I've yet to see how they are calculating the weighted PPG

Isn't there no relegation from League 2 because the FA cancelled the Nation League?

I might well be wrong on that but I think there's no relegation because no one is coming up to replace them - it's not a precedent for the Premier League.

But if the same as L2 then no relegation.  Who cares then because we can get back to talking about health and lives.  

Unfair using ppg but we don’t care about it if no relegation.