Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I desperately want us to stay up. And finishing the season is our best bet in doing that.

I think it will be safe under this limited and restricted format and don't see the problem. Everyone is free to disagree, just my opinion.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I desperately want us to stay up. And finishing the season is our best bet in doing that.

I think it will be safe under this limited and restricted format and don't see the problem. Everyone is free to disagree, just my opinion.

I’d rather us take our chances on the football field than a high court and no  footballer or coach has had anything other than mild symptoms. They have the best immune systems so the risk of them dying is less than the chance of dying from a heart attack or road accident. Yes I know they could pass it on but footballer whining on about the danger but happy to pick up their wage check I find irritating. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I’d rather us take our chances on the football field than a high court and no  footballer or coach has had anything other than mild symptoms. They have the best immune systems so the risk of them dying is less than the chance of dying from a heart attack or road accident. Yes I know they could pass it on but footballer whining on about the danger but happy to pick up their wage check I find irritating. 

Probably. Arteta is most likely immune now as well. He recovered really fast.

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not quite true, they don’t have the best immune systems, I assume you mean they are the fittest.  Different things.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Its only a forum though Nick. its not to be taken too seriously 

That’s how I take it and love it for that but do get irritated by wind up merchants hence why I don’t really go on twitter which is just a platform for that kind of nonsense (although I do like following Trump whose the biggest idiot around, his daily Nonsense and gaffs are high amusement)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s how I take it and love it for that but do get irritated by wind up merchants hence why I don’t really go on twitter which is just a platform for that kind of nonsense (although I do like following Trump whose the biggest idiot around, his daily Nonsense and gaffs are high amusement)

Yes the one about injecting disinfectant was the biggest laugh I have had in a long time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

This post shows that you really don't understand the situation, absolute mind blowing if you actually believe what you have written.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This post shows that you really don't understand the situation, absolute mind blowing if you actually believe what you have written.

Just read that fewer than 1% of the total deaths are under 40 so that equates to about 300. Oh I understand the situation alright wr have to protect the elderly and people with underlying health conditions at all cost 

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Just read that fewer than 1% of the total deaths are under 40 so that equates to about 300. Oh I understand the situation alright wr have to protect the elderly and people with underlying health conditions at all cost 

So the healthy under 40 people could carry the virus and infect people who can't fight it, so stop being so dense and simplistic. Football players have just as much right as anybody else to be concerned about their health and the health of their families. Income is irrelevant. Don't use as a stick to beat them with.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

And yet many other sports are wary...

I'm just focused on the facts, people are dying and you choose to make fun and pour sarcasm over it, the problem is with you and disrespecting those who have died. You have issues with processing the current situation. 

The government wouldn't have given us the go ahead if they didn't think it would be safe.

Null and voiders won't get their way no matter what.

• Haha 1

Everybody wants it to be safe, but with the way this virus is, I don't think we can wait that long. Reality is that risks have to be taken at some point and life has to get back to more normal. This will be done at a point when we're not fully comfortable with it.

I don't know when this is for the UK and for football, mind you.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Everybody wants it to be safe, but with the way this virus is, I don't think we can wait that long. Reality is that risks have to be taken at some point and life has to get back to more normal. This will be done at a point where we're not fully comfortable with it.

I don't know when this is for the UK and for football, mind you.

What we do know is that it isn’t just yet.

This thread is mental.

Anyway, I’m convinced that if the season is cancelled, they’ll relegate us on PPG. Yeh, yeh, legal battles etc. I still think they will and to be honest, whilst it’s wholly unfair on us, we’ve had a dreadful season and we probably deserve it. 

Our best bet is if the league returns and we get the chance to fight for survival. 

Personally, I don’t see an issue with football returning if it’s deemed safe. What I can’t fathom is how they expect to start the premier league again whilst not allowing people to see their families. You can’t make one decision for football and another for other aspects of society. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 3

Deeney is the worst example you could find. A backyard boy from the ghetto in England.The fact that he asks why it could be safe for the players when it isn't for the fans just confirms his stupidity.

Troy..that's because we can't test 20-60 K fans before a game, but both players and staff will be tested pre game. There are literally no other workplaces that will be safer. This is one of the reasons the Bundesliga is starting. It's because they don't have stupid Brits  who doesn't understand the reality of how the world works. Rose and Deeney are talking non sense and to be quite honest, players like that isn't the reason to why i watch football on the telly. 

If they want to quit or refuse to show up i don't think a lot of people would miss them.

The aim is to finish the season and we will try to do that with or without them.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Deeney is the worst example you could find. A backyard boy from the ghetto in England.The fact that he asks why it could be safe for the players when it isn't for the fans just confirms his stupidity.

Troy..that's because we can't test 20-60 K fans before a game, but both players and staff will be tested pre game. There are literally no other workplaces that will be safer. This is one of the reasons the Bundesliga is starting. It's because they don't have stupid Brits  who doesn't understand the reality of how the world works. Rose and Deeney are talking non sense and to be quite honest, players like that isn't the reason to why i watch football on the telly. 

If they want to quit or refuse to show up i don't think a lot of people would miss them.

The aim is to finish the season and we will try to do that with or without them.

What the bejazzles is a back yard boy? 

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nope

The Bundesliga is starting because Germany is a safer country than the UK

And German players are asking safety questions, lots of them, just not reported in the UK 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope

The Bundesliga is starting because Germany is a safer country than the UK

And German players are asking safety questions, lots of them, just not reported in the UK 

Yep widely reported, sure some members of the English media wouldnt know who these players are