Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope

The Bundesliga is starting because Germany is a safer country than the UK

And German players are asking safety questions, lots of them, just not reported in the UK 

Don't you understand that you can't compare the general public to this restricted format?

All the safety measures being made. Players and staff will be tested on a frequent basis. It will be safer than any workplace out there.

The government wouldn't be giving us the go ahead if they didn't think this would be safe.

And for the people arguing the "insignificance" of football. Maybe you should start to realize that football generates thousands of work places to people. People who are out of work and need income to feed their family.

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't you understand that you can't compare the general public to this restricted format?

All the safety measures being made. Players and staff will be tested on a frequent basis. It will be safer than any workplace out there.

The government wouldn't be giving us the go ahead if they didn't think this would be safe.

And for the people arguing the "insignificance" of football. Maybe you should start to realize that football generates thousands of work places to people. People who are out of work and need income to feed their family.

These thousands of people need to be tested then or they won't be working in a behind closed doors environment 🙄

People can’t go to funerals of their family members at the moment and we are talking about playing football because “life must go on”.......friggin joke!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

These thousands of people need to be tested then or they won't be working in a behind closed doors environment 🙄

Also in his home country (villalad21) of America where the government taskforce issued comprehensive guides to reopening the states where one of the first requirements was 14 day downward trend before easing restrictions and most of them ignored it, along with the President goading them to open.

Yet he says the government wouldn’t open if it wasn’t safe, when his own government did exactly that and ignored their own guidelines.  

You can’t make this stuff up 😂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So the healthy under 40 people could carry the virus and infect people who can't fight it, so stop being so dense and simplistic. Football players have just as much right as anybody else to be concerned about their health and the health of their families. Income is irrelevant. Don't use as a stick to beat them with.

I give up what’s the point. You give an alternate view and get insulted. I know footballers can infect older people if they mix with them. 

No Weekends Football 16/17 May - thread in Other football this week?

Someone has really dropped the ball. Probably because they had to disinfect it and it got slippery, but still.

Some under normal circumstances cracking games with Dortmund Schalke and Frankfurt - Mönchengladbach as the top picks.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This thread is mental.

Anyway, I’m convinced that if the season is cancelled, they’ll relegate us on PPG. Yeh, yeh, legal battles etc. I still think they will and to be honest, whilst it’s wholly unfair on us, we’ve had a dreadful season and we probably deserve it. 

Our best bet is if the league returns and we get the chance to fight for survival. 

Personally, I don’t see an issue with football returning if it’s deemed safe. What I can’t fathom is how they expect to start the premier league again whilst not allowing people to see their families. You can’t make one decision for football and another for other aspects of society. 

Yes that’s my point all along, if it’s deemed safe and it’s not going to be an extra burden on the NHS or the police. Nobody is saying let it start today. Let’s see where we are in a months time and whether the daily infection rate has reached a manageable figure. Sorry if I’m being too simplistic, but why over complicate things or why try to sound clever just to get a point across 

Just got to make sure that the people who deem it "safe" are the ones looking at health and humans and not the ones who look at piles of money and legal issues.

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes that’s my point all along, if it’s deemed safe and it’s not going to be an extra burden on the NHS or the police. Nobody is saying let it start today. Let’s see where we are in a months time and whether the daily infection rate has reached a manageable figure. Sorry if I’m being too simplistic, but why over complicate things or why try to sound clever just to get a point across 

This is appalling to your average working Joe who have to get back to work. While the fittest people around, multi millionaires who get all the safety measures in the world, get's tested multiple times per week are too scared to play football again. 

The society would collapse if everyone had this attitude.

It will be interesting to see if the only one's refusing to turn up will be the bottom 5 clubs. A shame. I really think we can get out of the bottom 3 with a fired up McGinn back.

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This is appalling to your average working Joe who have to get back to work. While the fittest people around, multi millionaires who get all the safety measures in the world, get's tested multiple times per week are too scared to play football again. 

The society would collapse if everyone had this attitude.

It will be interesting to see if the only one's refusing to turn up will be the bottom 5 clubs. A shame. I really think we can get out of the bottom 3 with a fired up McGinn back.

The average working man and woman in healthcare want as few a number of people working as possible. More than 200 health care workers in the UK have died due to COVID. Football can do one until it is safe.

• Like 2

All the teams that have played less game should play first and then we should all play our games within 48 hours. There's bound to be an outbreak of it before the seasons over and at that point no team should have played less games. The grounds should have exclusion zones around them with residents only allowed within these zones and fines dished out to those that are in the ones and shouldn't be. The game should not be at neutral venues.

Majority of League 2 clubs opposed to relegating anyone to nonleague. Once that decision is made it will cascade up the leagues presumably since the EFL can’t really not relegate from one division but demand the PL relegated teams.

Edit: I suppose you can’t cascade up but whatever!

Edited by Adam2003

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

This is appalling to your average working Joe who have to get back to work. While the fittest people around, multi millionaires who get all the safety measures in the world, get's tested multiple times per week are too scared to play

Probably because they don't want to be a complete weapon and put themselves at risk

We're talking about young kids in their 20's and teens, Yeah they might get tested multiple times a week but what happens when you get a positive test?.. 

I tell what happens, you either live or die!.. it really is that black and white, some people will live and some people will die irrelevant of age, race, fitness levels or even if you're skint or a billionaire there are No caveats or there is No discrimination with the disease you either live or die! 

Unfortunately from time to time real life gets in the way of a game of football, Now hands up who wants that richest bloke in the graveyard title? 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Put yourself in a footballers shoes

Can I visit my family? No it's not safe

Can I train? Yes but you can't use equipment, you can't tackle or make physical contact or spit

Can I play football? Yes that's perfectly safe

Yeah OK then mate... And that's purely from an actual game of football and their own safety standpoint, then you factor in social factors and various other strains it will cause...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Put yourself in a footballers shoes

Can I visit my family? No it's not safe

Can I train? Yes but you can't use equipment, you can't tackle or make physical contact or spit

Can I play football? Yes that's perfectly safe

Yeah OK then mate... And that's purely from an actual game of football and their own safety standpoint, then you factor in social factors and various other strains it will cause...

And when will it ever be 100 % safe?

Vaccine can still be 1-2 years away mate.

How long do you suggest we wait for?

In a month time the UK may have similar numbers and control to what Germany have now. Is it ok to play then? Or do we have to wait for a vaccine? In your opinion.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

In a month time the UK may have similar numbers and control to what Germany have now. Is it ok to play then? Or do we have to wait for a vaccine? In your opinion.

End of the lockdown, same as Germany 

If the government says its not safe to leave your house to see your family then I would be of the opinion that its not safe to play football, even if it was "safe" I would be of the opinion that its simply not worth it

Can you watch the game in a pub? Can you watch the game with friends and family? Can you go to a park and kick a football about? Because as soon as football is on TV all of those are happening, in Germany the answer is yes you can so the Bundesliga returning is still shit imo due to the circumstances the games will be played but at least its better than the PL

A ball should not be kicked if the lockdown is still in place 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We wait until average blokes like me can go back to some sort of normality like visit my parents grave, get a haircut or go and see my partner. I have friends that work in the NHS on Covid wards and I know the fear they have going to work every day.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 45 years, follow Villa home and away, it’s in my DNA.

Until I can go back to doing normal things then frankly I find it immoral and obscene that football should be restarting.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

We wait until average blokes like me can go back to some sort of normality like visit my parents grave, get a haircut or go and see my partner. I have friends that work in the NHS on Covid wards and I know the fear they have going to work every day.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 45 years, follow Villa home and away, it’s in my DNA.

Until I can go back to doing normal things then frankly I find it immoral and obscene that football should be restarting.

I think you'll find a lot of people are already doing those things but I do agree with you