Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - just to confirm, the League 2 relegation decision is about the National League being cancelled - they've currently come up with no decisions on promotion and might not be sending anyone up to League 2. 

League 2 aren't currently relegating anyone, because if they did, they'd have less teams next season.

There's talk that the National league might be asked to select a side for promotion and then League 2 will relegate one.

I think I've read that they might bring Barrow (as they're in 1st) up to fill the spot left by Bury's demise. Not sure how that would work unless L1 relegates one less (Not sure how they were going to handle that pre-covid?)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Now I know I've made the right decison to move here from H & V - I'm mixing with a much better class of people.

I hope you self isolated for 14 days before coming in 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think the season will be finished on the pitch.

Not sure if you are aware there is a global pandemic around the world and many hundreds of people are dying daily and thousands more are getting infected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not sure if you are aware there is a global pandemic around the world and many hundreds of people are dying daily and thousands more are getting infected.

The show must go on.

• Confused 1

I used to work for OUFC a few years ago now and still keep in touch with one Or two peeps. One thing that’s not been mentioned but has been discussed is that when fans are allowed back it may well  have to be on a managed basis and with limited number of fans to start with and with every other seat and perhaps even rows left empty. There is talk that they will only be able to sell a 1/4 of tickets initially when games are allowed back. This is just at the discussion stage at present ( and technically confidential 🤔😬- oh well) It  will impact season and overall available ticket sales badly if indeed has to be put in place. 

Edited by thabucks

League 2 not coming to a decision on relegation isn't just about promotion from the National League, Stevenage are only three points from safety, with ten games still to go and have a game in hand, no reason why they should be relegated or that Barrow who were only four points clear of second place with nine games still left to play should take their place.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, useless said:

League 2 not coming to a decision on relegation isn't just about promotion from the National League, Stevenage are only three points from safety, with ten games still to go and have a game in hand, no reason why they should be relegated or that Barrow who were only four points clear of second place with nine games still left to play should take their place.

Agreed same as Leeds and West Brom haven’t earned promotion and we, Norwich Bournemouth haven’t earned our relegation yet. I just don’t see how you can promote and relegate teams without completing a season 

• Like 2

Belgium have cancelled their league made Bruge champions who were 15 points clear and relegated the bottom club.  European places will be play offs before the start of next season.  

That would be OK for me here.

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Belgium have cancelled their league made Bruge champions who were 15 points clear and relegated the bottom club.  European places will be play offs before the start of next season.  

That would be OK for me here.

And what a season it would be for Bruge, both Belgian and PL champions.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I just don’t see how you can promote and relegate teams without completing a season 

They can do it just like that and it's nothing we can do about it.

We can take it to court but nothing will come out of it.

If the season cannot be finished we are relegated.

38 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If this season is cancelled and next season starts but as predicted we will get another spike in the winter then are we going to have to null and void next season too. Many disagree but as 3/4s of the season has been finished we are better off getting this one finished first then dealing with next season. Theres no way imo that the Premier League will have 23 clubs in next season. If they do cancel the season then its going to have to be either no relegation or promotion or relegation and promotion. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If this season is cancelled and next season starts but as predicted we will get another spike in the winter then are we going to have to null and void next season too. Many disagree but as 3/4s of the season has been finished we are better off getting this one finished first then dealing with next season. Theres no way imo that the Premier League will have 23 clubs in next season. If they do cancel the season then its going to have to be either no relegation or promotion or relegation and promotion. 

I think the Europa League and CL has to be scrapped next season.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah no chance of that ... ££££ 

I think the season should be voided and focus on next season myself. Too many compromises just to appease the TV companies 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Me too and complete the current campaigns. I think its better to finish something  you started than scrap and start again. 

53 minutes ago, useless said:

Yeah it's good to see because it's an entirely sensible compromise - and it sets a precedent. No premier league club will complain about no relegation. 

I’ve been thinking about this and the money that will be lost and I have a mad plan ... hear me out ... I feel unless matters change soon the season should be ended and **** the tv companies and sponsors. The premier league should take out a loan to cover the losses with the understanding that the next TV deal will be a straight to consumer product which would bring in billions.  if say 10 million people signed up world wide at £10 per month say = £1.2 billion per season and realistically it would more likely be x10 that amount of people... that’s a lot of revenue for the game in general and it could be a chance to reset football finances and make it somewhat farer distribution of wealth throughout the divisions. Just a thought 

If there's a chance that next season could end up being voided as well then that makes it less likely that we will be sent down on PPG or by virtue of being in the bottom three, clubs aren't going to vote for that as there's a chance that half of them could find themselves in the bottom three at any point next season if they're there when season has to be postponed then they'd be in danger of going down thanks to something that they themselves voted for, why would they vote for something that sets a precedent that could do damage to them in the future.

• Like 2