Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’ve been thinking about this and the money that will be lost and I have a mad plan ... hear me out ... I feel unless matters change soon the season should be ended and **** the tv companies and sponsors. The premier league should take out a loan to cover the losses with the understanding that the next TV deal will be a straight to consumer product which would bring in billions.  if say 10 million people signed up world wide at £10 per month say = £1.2 billion per season and realistically it would more likely be x10 that amount of people... that’s a lot of revenue for the game in general and it could be a chance to reset football finances and make it somewhat farer distribution of wealth throughout the divisions. Just a thought 

I always thought that. Like why this farce with sky and the bidding... Just have premierleague.com streaming tenner a month for games 20 quid for more features interviews and other shit. Bollocks to sky

• Like 2

What could be scary for us and others who may get down is the instance on sharing the wealth , in order to bail out the EFL they may decide to remove the parachute payments ( i'd say its a slim chance this late in the season) but long term its what they are after 

This issue is if you come up and no back up payment if you go back down , clubs will be too scared to buy players for fear of going down and being bankrupt with wages.

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They can do it just like that and it's nothing we can do about it.

We can take it to court but nothing will come out of it.

If the season cannot be finished we are relegated.

How do you know this? You've got a degree in sport litigation?

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think the Europa League and CL has to be scrapped next season.

Though I definitely agree on this point. I don't see how UEFA can have both competitions finish (this year) and then start & finish the 2020/21 campaign without interrupting the Euros next summer

44 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

How do you know this? You've got a degree in sport litigation?

Because we're a tiny cog in the wheel.

Our feelings and opinions won't carry a lot of weight. We aren't the ones who'll be making the decisions, you know that.

The real problem is we're 19th. We've put ourselves in an unfortunate position.

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So desperate for it to be voided even though this will be safer than going to the grocery store.

For the players

For society at large thats bollocks, this will open the flood gates, they can't stop people from doing the conga in the streets already, once football starts they won't be able to stop a thing 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Thought I’d never say this but you can’t argue with Deeney at all.

It's unnerving isn't it.   The same feeling you get when giving @villalad21 a like.

But he's talking pure sense and the truth and fair play to him for putting himself in the firing line. 

I'm just hoping we have a good legal team ready for the inevitable PPG sham. Really cannot see the season going ahead & finishing in full. I think we need to be aware though that there might be a situation where 1, 2 or 3 games are played before it gets terminated so we need to make darn sure we ain't in a vulnerable position if that happens.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For the players

For society at large thats bollocks, this will open the flood gates, they can't stop people from doing the conga in the streets already, once football starts they won't be able to stop a thing 

Let's see how it goes in Germany then. Are you expecting their fans to be flooding the gates?

Just now, villalad21 said:

Let's see how it goes in Germany then. Are you expecting their fans to be flooding the gates?

I don't mean outside the ground, I mean pubs, bbqs, mates houses, kids playing football in the park, 5 asides starting up again, people training 

And in Germany the lockdown has more or less ended, I'm back playing football next week 

Germany is a stupid comparison with English football and it always has been. Italy and Spain are countries that have had similar to UK and they would be much more comparable regards football returning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Germany is a stupid comparison with English football and it always has been. Italy and Spain are countries that have had similar to UK and they would be much more comparable regards football returning.

Yep

We never had a full lockdown in the 1st place 

The idea that you can't leave your house to meet your family because it's not safe but you can leave it to play football because that is safe is not an issue here because I can meet my family (one at a time) 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I can't see how PPG can be fair. We were outside of the relegation zone when we all played the same number of games. The only reason we fell into the relegation zone was because all the other teams played a game more, and we haven't played a game since. Why should we be punished for doing well in the cup? We were the width of the post away of taking the final to extra time and possibly winning a major trophy, and we get relegated for our efforts? I'm sure it will be legal hell for the FA if it were to happen.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't get the playing football and going to the grocery store comparions, food is essential so have to take some sort of risk in order obtain it, whereas playing football isn't essential and it's not worth risking anyone's life or long term health in order to play it.

Is exactly correct. Thanks for eloquently explaining the ridiculousness of that comparison.  

Ceasing playing football is not going to result in people dying of starvation. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ceasing playing football is not going to result in people dying of starvation. 

Just boredom, seriously though depression is a problem.  Will football lift the spirits? Probably not! It stlll means staying in. 

The longer people stay away from work the more used to it they become and we may end up with the biggest unemployment problem since the 30s 

The point isn't to compare the importance of grocery stores to football. The point is people are over exaggerating the danger of football coming back.

The government wouldn't be giving us the go ahead if they didn't think it would be safe to return.

The way some on here are talking it sounds like we are sending lambs to the slaughter..