Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I couldn't give a rats ass one way or the other as long as it puts the least lives at risk. Up or down we are still Aston Villa and I love the club which ever league we play in.

Well I do give a rats ass.  Priority by a mile is life and not risking it.  With that discussed, how they treat our Villa I give a shit about.  Yes I love the club which ever league we play in but I’m not going to accept somebody fooking us over.

We can care about life and still discuss what happens and protect Villa at the same time.

• Like 1

Albion were only six points ahead of Fulham and Leeds seven, with nine games and twenty-seven points still left to play for, so neither of them were guaranteed promotion if the season had have carried on as normal. If you were to relegate us and promote them you'd be giving them something that they haven't earned and taking away something from us that we haven't yet mathematically lost, not even close.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree with most you said but even sweetening with extra cash I wouldnt take.  Look at how many teams have got relegated and never got back.  Long term financials could be huge and 3 years stuck in the Championship is not a long time, we were there that long....how long have Leeds, Forest and teams like that have been.  Additionally the gulf in quality and money between PL and Championship is growing every season.

Well, it depends on perspective I think. No, we shouldn't sell our place in the PL: That's not what I meant.

Two months ago we were heading for relegation with just a normal parachute payment. I think whatever comes out of this we should get more than that.

Best thing for us is to stay in this division after 38 games. It means a new season in the PL and all the cash.
Second best thing for us is to stay in the division after 28 games. It means a new season in the PL, but less cash.

As our best option isn't risk free, it's easy to go for the second best. But I think we should use the situation to make sure we get the best out of it, regardless of what's decided.

I believe the PL will just choose the least expensive option. I do not for a minute believe they actually care if clubs are relegated or not. The only reason why they want relegations is because of money. If TV money isn't coming without relegations, then there will be relegations.

If TV money isn't coming because government doesn't allow football to start soon enough, then I think PL would rather be sued by EFL than three clubs relegated on PPG. 

By using common sense this season should be voided, no relegations, no champion, no nothing.. But if money is more important than common sense, then let's grab as much money as possible. 

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's not fair to Leeds and Baggies to miss out on the money sink in the PL either. They were set for promotion.

No matter how they handle a possible "void" someone will lose.

Just finish the season somehow. It's the most fair for everyone.

its shit but its still easier and fairer to take away something that those clubs haven't won rather than take away something that we haven't lost

• Like 1

We have more right to be on the Premier League right now than Leeds or WBA. We want it and we deserve the right to defend it. We have played a game less, been cheated a point by VAR and we need to  be given the opportunity to fulfil our season when most appropriate. Even if it's not this year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Voiding the season.

Liverpool get's handed the title. Baggies and Leeds get's rewarded promotion.

We'll get handed relegation. F**k off. We have to avoid this at any cost. Don't care if i have to wait 10 months. Just finish the season.

Its my preference too even though its looking increasingly difficult to do so . Like I wrote before, I'd rather take our chances on the pitch than a courtroom 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Its my preference too even though its looking increasingly difficult to do so . Like I wrote before, I'd rather take our chances on the pitch than a courtroom 

Less people will likely get sick or even die if the games are not played.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

We have more right to be on the Premier League right now than Leeds or WBA. We want it and we deserve the right to defend it. We have played a game less, been cheated a point by VAR and we need to  be given the opportunity to fulfil our season when most appropriate. Even if it's not this year.

I would argue cheated more than just a point.

Billing should have been sent off vs bournemouth at home.

Arsenal away, their free kick where one arse player was behind the wall, plus should have a penalty for us at the death.

Mane should have had 2 bookings vs liverpool at home.

Etc, etc

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Less people will likely get sick or even die if the games are not played.

You're probably right but as the Palace chairman said if that restarting the game proves  insurmountable now then we may be in for a very, very extended period of not being able to play and that has huge ramifications for the game. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, John said:

Alan McInally said "..it certainly wouldn't advantage Aston Villa..six home games, that's a lot and of course we have that game advantage, at the moment in time that would actually take us above Watford and West Ham, so I ain't having the neutral grounds...To think you're going to play on neutral grounds, is a complete and absolute nonsense for me, I ain't having it, not one little bit."  Well put lads. Nice to hear our cause getting an airing for once!  We ain't having it!!!

Love Rambo, he always sticks up for us!

• Like 1

I'm surprised a break away league hasn't been discussed because of the threat to relegate clubs and possible threat to other clubs in many ways. there are More than a few that by season end with the right results could easy dip into relegation.Then there is the clubs who should be going up from this season who may possibly not depending on votes. I mean imagine if all those clubs broke away,then others follow and a new league was created, surely there could be ten plus clubs,the lower half of the premier to the top half of the championship it could stretch to.

Maybe at this kind of time is a lesson to teach all of how life is more important than sports and if those wanting there pay cheques in charge of the league are trying to force football back, then clubs should take responsibility and form a new league and bring it back when it right.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

You're probably right but as the Palace chairman said if that restarting the game proves  insurmountable now then we may be in for a very, very extended period of not being able to play and that has huge ramifications for the game. 

I think it's very optimistic and pretty naive to think football will be back to anything close to normal before a vaccine is ready and mass produced and distributed to the public.

Think next season will be in danger in a lot of places.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Albion were only six points ahead of Fulham and Leeds seven, with nine games and twenty-seven points still left to play for, so neither of them were guaranteed promotion if the season had have carried on as normal. If you were to relegate us and promote them you'd be giving them something that they haven't earned and taking away something from us that we haven't yet mathematically lost, not even close.

Brilliantly put! How can anyone argue with that?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If that means the end of the Premier League as it is now, the end of Sky and BT sport dominating TV rights and, the corruption and elitism of the sport then I'm well up for that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The best thing I've seen is to scrap the last round of games so we have all played the same amount, end the season there and dish out the trophies, promotions and relegations, then start planning for next season properly.

I've seen this on here a few times and don't understand why that gets traction? If you scrap GW 29 then we still have the same problem as every team played during it. We can't just scrape our game vs Leicester from their point of view (a win) and not from ours? us, Sheffield, City, Arsenal would still all be on a game less than every one else. The only way that that specific scenario would work is if they scrap the game week we didn't play, which would in effect relegate Watford and West Ham(I believe) and we would be safe. 

• Like 1