Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, sidcow said:

Where are they getting those from? Sounds unlikely to me. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/30/premier-league-confident-of-securing-covid-19-testing-kits-for-return

Premier League clubs have invested in coronavirus testing machines that can turn around results in two and a half hours as they gear up towards finding a way to complete the season. The league is overseeing the initiative and it is understood that some clubs in the Championship have also purchased the machines, which cost £36,000 and are readily available.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@Jareth

You know a Doctor was saying yesterday though that testing in the morning and afternoon could result in two different outcomes. 

So much testing would need to be done, can lower league clubs afford to buy hundreds of kits?

This is just the PL thinking of themselves again over smaller, lower league clubs and the general population who need a test more than Mr. Footballer! 

FFS.

For sure. But the act of buying them in makes me think there is a plan in motion - as flawed as it probably is...

• Like 1

Whatever the Premier League decide, I think the players will have the final say. Sergio Aguero is already sounding like its a risk he might not be prepared to risk his family’s health for. He won’t be the only one.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Whatever the Premier League decide, I think the players will have the final say. Serio Aguero is already sounding like its a risk he might not be prepared to risk his family’s health for. He won’t be the only one.

I think you are right, only takes a few top players like Aguero to say this and it influences so many other players.

The logistics and repercussions are so complex, he's right to talk about families and children. This is not just 22 men kicking a ball about...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The league is overseeing the initiative and it is understood that some clubs in the Championship have also purchased the machines,

Small Heath have a huge head start in this area, they've been testing their fans for rare and debilitating viruses for some time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Small Heath have a huge head start in this area, they've been testing their fans for rare and debilitating viruses for some time. 

Swine Flu has always been a worry at the Sty. 😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

To be fair, they only need a hand full of tests to cover their small base of supporters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think anything will come of this meeting today other than some sort of statement saying that their preference is still to finish the league and they working hard on a plan to make sure it happens.

I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to fix a date today as a hail mary attempt to realistically get the league squeezed in.

Then just say they tried everything when it proves impossible.

All 20 Serie A clubs have voted to complete the season, despite reports some were against it.

It had been said Torino and Brescia were in opposition to the campaign resuming, causing a split between the government, the FIGC and the other 18 top-flight sides.

However, Lega Serie A announced at an emergency assembly meeting over conference call on Friday that there was an unanimous desire to fulfil fixtures.

The meeting is primarily being held to address the issue of TV rights, which has seen Serie A reportedly threaten legal action against Sky, DAZN and IMG.

As it stands, the government will abandon 2019-20 if the FIGC does not suitably modify its protocol to ensure the safety of players and coaches for the remainder of the coronavirus pandemic.

Bologna, Parma, SPAL and Sassuolo, meanwhile, have been given permission by the region of Emilia-Romagna to resume training on May 4.

It comes despite the government’s ruling that only individual sports can start up again on that date.

https://www.football-italia.net/152742/serie-complete-season

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wow! Just plain stupid ignoring medical and government ruling!

Think it might be so the media companies won't sue them and focus on the government instead.

We want to play but the government won't let us.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it might be so the media companies won't sue them and focus on the government instead.

We want to play but the government won't let us.

Yeah another nonsensical statement will be released today saying they intend to finish the season but delay announcing anything official just yet knowing full well they won’t finish the season.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These places are in no position to be hosting any kind of event right now.

The region is currently going through the peak rate of infection, and degrees of lockdown.

100% right, but nor is this place and the PL are on the verge of pushing through their so called, "project re-start" although we are clearly also in no position, to be playing games here either.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Prem league meeting , still want to complete another meeting next week 

Reading the story it says they want neutral venues but some teams are against that,also need lockdown to be eased which I doubt and I think that the PFA will get involved and players will fear for there families etc

Edited by midian