Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

12 hours ago, thunderball said:

Really, really buzzing this season, only seeing positives in our play despite the two defeats. We have still got to find our rhythm as a new team, and we still have Nakamba and reinforcements will be inevitable in January.

I am like a child on Christmas Eve before every match, haven’t had this Villa buzz for years, even last season. I think the next 5 years will see this club really move forwards and find ourselves back in the mix at the top end of table.

When we talk about our options, I wonder if this will be the main difference between us and the other promoted clubs. Whereas they might have stuck largely with their Championship teams and then spent modestly on new options, we seem to have £10m+ players in all positions. If one of the wingers seems out of form, we have an alternative. If Douglas/McGinn gets a ban, we bring in Nakamba/Hourihane. If any of our back 4 have a bad game, there are options waiting to pounce and take their chance. This could be the difference between 2-3 places in the league, as some of the other teams may feel that their alternative options are much weaker than their first choice.

As shown by El Ghazi’s cameo on Friday, competition for places is great, as long as the players are prepared for non-selection, as I’m sure Smith will ensure.

Note: I say all the above about the other promoted teams without actually looking at their squads, just their expenditure.

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

When we talk about our options, I wonder if this will be the main difference between us and the other promoted clubs. Whereas they might have stuck largely with their Championship teams and then spent modestly on new options, we seem to have £10m+ players in all positions. If one of the wingers seems out of form, we have an alternative. If Douglas/McGinn gets a ban, we bring in Nakamba/Hourihane. If any of our back 4 have a bad game, there are options waiting to pounce and take their chance. This could be the difference between 2-3 places in the league, as some of the other teams may feel that their alternative options are much weaker than their first choice.

As shown by El Ghazi’s cameo on Friday, competition for places is great, as long as the players are prepared for non-selection, as I’m sure Smith will ensure.

Note: I say all the above about the other promoted teams without actually looking at their squads, just their expenditure.

Just to add a further example; it would be hard to drop Fred Guilbert after that performance. So he had a chance and he took it really well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Very valid point, it may well add a few points in the Christmas/new year grind, and suspensions. Let’s hope Wesley stays fit, thankfully his injury record is very good

• Like 1

PSG lining up Zaha as a potential target.

Hopefully he'll have moved before we face Palace on the 31st.

Or at least be unsettled enough to play a stinker.

Edited by sne

On 04/06/2019 at 15:32, imavillan said:

If you have a VPN you can watch all of the games which are covered on beIN Sports.....for a small cost.

Click here for all of the details

If you’re in the UK, you’re pretty much locked into either BT Sport or Sky Sports. And even if you paid the £60+ a month for both subscriptions, you still won’t be able to watch every Premier League game-  because 3pm Kick Offs aren’t broadcast in the UK.

It’s grossly unfair. UK football fans have to pay much more to watch the Premier League than viewers from any other nation. And that’s not even for every game. Thankfully, there’s a pretty easy way to level the playing field. All you need is a VPN and you’ll be able to stream the Premier League via another country’s Sports TV website.

MODS; I've checked the guidelines and if i have miss read them and this falls foul (i dont think it does) please delete the post.

Thanks

On 11/06/2019 at 21:56, Junxs said:

New Zealand has a new home for the Premier League on Spark from 2019-2022, who takeover from Bein Sport after the last 3 years.

Good job I did my research as very nearly signed up using the method in your link, £9/month for every game was a great deal to be fair. 

On 12/06/2019 at 13:13, imavillan said:

Thanks, i was going to sign up to this.

There must be others around doing something similar. When i get some time i'll do a search and see whats out there.

For anyone interested i have looked into this a bit further and i've purchased an IPTV service.

It basically gets you shed loads of channels including Bein and loads of others where you can watch every Premier League match including the 3pm ko. All HD quality.

You can get these from twitter and ebay.....

• Thanks 2

What’s worrying me is are there 3 weaker teams than us?

Currently it seems only Watford  maybe Palace.

I look at other teams like Brighton and Southampton and see similar strength to us.

My hope is as a team we are likely to improve and I think there maybe some money in January to buy another striker.

3 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

What’s worrying me is are there 3 weaker teams than us?

Currently it seems only Watford  maybe Palace.

I look at other teams like Brighton and Southampton and see similar strength to us.

My hope is as a team we are likely to improve and I think there maybe some money in January to buy another striker.

We are only 3 games in , don’t think we will get a fair idea of weakest teams till  after 12 games,our performances have been decent so far and can only see us getting stronger  once all the new signings have gelled. 

^exactly. 

Our team has only been together a short time and are still finding their feet. It is going to be a season of ups and downs, but given what I have seen so far I am confident we will stay up. I would even go as far as to say comfortably.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Palace and Newcastle looked weak and then go and win away to United and Spurs. 

Its way too early to judge any team including us. 

Their seasons aren't defined by away games at the big teams, win or lose. It's the games against their rivals that count. We'll see what we're both made of this Saturday.