Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me 😁...... Really astounded at the level of negativity after just 2 matches. Maybe we're just fragile mentally after the last decade, maybe Ive watched 2 games in a parallel universe.

Fwiw after the 2 games Ive watched if there aren't 3 worse teams at the end of season I'll personally write a letter of apology to anyone who wants one.

We're going to be fine, we won't get 114 points but we won't get relegated!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think this lineup could be solid whilst still allowing our current biggest threats to thrive. Any width would obviously have to come from the FBs, but it might serve us well in the shorter term. 

FF03EA17-534E-4F2B-B83A-2EBD63532405.jpeg

I think 5 centre midfielders might be a bit overkill!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me 😁...... Really astounded at the level of negativity after just 2 matches. Maybe we're just fragile mentally after the last decade, maybe Ive watched 2 games in a parallel universe.

Fwiw after the 2 games Ive watched if there aren't 3 worse teams at the end of season I'll personally write a letter of apology to anyone who wants one.

We're going to be fine, we won't get 114 points but we won't get relegated!

I’d normally agree but I remember saying we would finish mid table after the first 2 games of the season we got relegated.

its just way too early to judge either way but we should keep positive.

The Everton game will be a good barometer as to how we can expect to compete. Even if we lose but create a fair few chances and hold our own against a decent top 8 side with a lot of decent players will be encouraging.

Against Spurs it was apparent there's a gulf in class, especially in that second half. Bournemouth are a settled well drilled side and we were probably the better side overall.

The other promoted sides have carried their momentum into the new season, which could be crucial come the end of it. Just hope we don't completely waste ours by not picking up hardly any points. But that being said I think our side will get better as the season goes on rather than one that starts well and then fizzles out. I remain positive until given a reason not to be.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think August will be tough, and perhaps even September. We need to stick by the team and the manager even if it get very tough as I’m pretty such things will pick up after the team gel. 

think thats why i, and many others are worrying, because on paper it's the easiest 2 months of the season. based on who we still have to play, as an absolute minimum, we need to have 9 points on the board by the end of next month

• Like 1

We do need to put some points on the board soon and not consider games as being a good indicator (Bournemouth was meant to be that wasn’t it?).

Having said that, I won’t be panicking if we lose on Friday (urgh...Friday night games). I think we’ll click soon. My main worry is the time taken to find our feet, we’ll have played a handful of fixtures in which we’ve not picked up as many points as we should have.

A point on Friday (urgh...Friday) would be good.

Would go with this.

------------------Heaton------------------

Elmo----Engels--Mings--------Taylor

---------------------Luiz------------------------

-------------McGinn---Hourihane--------

Trez---------------Wesley-------------Jack

Reason being: El Ghazi and Jota has been awful and Jack is so effective when he cuts inside from wide areas, it's how we scored the goal on saturday. Also we need Hourihane's goals and assists.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d normally agree but I remember saying we would finish mid table after the first 2 games of the season we got relegated.

its just way too early to judge either way but we should keep positive.

This team would flog that relegated team 9 out 10 times.

23 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think this lineup could be solid whilst still allowing our current biggest threats to thrive. Any width would obviously have to come from the FBs, but it might serve us well in the shorter term. 

FF03EA17-534E-4F2B-B83A-2EBD63532405.jpeg

That team has no width.  Targett and Guilbert would have to push up a lot to compensate. However I agree in playing Hourihane- or finding someone who can cross the ball.

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he would flog the one at the start of the season. Up until the collapse at Leicester we looked ok. After that we turned to shit.

Yeah sorry thats what I meant as in the team that finished the season. I'd actually forgotten that Leicester match, Grealish and Gil both scoring cracker goals iirc

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah sorry thats what I meant as in the team that finished the season. I'd actually forgotten that Leicester match, Grealish and Gil both scoring cracker goals iirc

I reckon my Sunday league team would have a good crack at beating the team that finished the season :)