Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

What a great game Brighton-Wolves is, 2-2 now.

I know we're having our troubles atm but really enjoyed the premier league this season. To me it's a much stronger league than the one we got relegation from. Lots of mid table teams actually signing well and "having a go at long last" and that's being reflected in the points totals.

We were like this just 7 days ago.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I've mentioned it before but that Leicester side is just incredibly good. There's not a single weakness at all. Defence rock solid, midfield compliments each other perfectly and well Jamie Vardy is one of the best strikers in the league. Fair bloody play I say, best side I've seen at Villa Park this season. 

They have 2 of the 4 best fullbacks in the league, best striker in the league, best midfield in the league. They are a well-oiled Mustang at the moment. We were good in the first half but they were just on another level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They have 2 of the 4 best fullbacks in the league, best striker in the league, best midfield in the league. They are a well-oiled Mustang at the moment. We were good in the first half but they were just on another level.

Yup absolutely. It all just combines perfectly and they play some super football.

The media love to talk about Trent Alexander-Arnold and fair enough he's great but that Pereira has it all. Phenomenal fullback and definitely the best in the league imo. 

2 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

The problem is we are not picking up any points at all against the big teams and that makes our games against the lower teams such more important to win and that builds pressure. We are not good under pressure.

We did well under pressure when we went from 13th to 5th in that 10 game unbeaten run 😉

We've only picked up wins against a Norwich team that had an injury crisis, a Brighton team that played half of the game with ten men, an Everton side that were about to embark on their worst start to a season in many years, and Newcastle who are probably the best team we've beat this season. So it's not just the big teams we're not beating, we're struggling against everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

We've only picked up wins against a Norwich team that had an injury crisis, a Brighton team that played half of the game with ten men, an Everton side that were about to embark on their worst start to a season in many years, and Newcastle who are probably the best team we've beat this season. So it's not just the big teams we're not beating, we're struggling against everyone.

But we almost won against Liverpool so that means we must actually be quite good.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

What a crock of shite!!

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm getting some consolation from the fact that we're not in a relegation position. If we drop down there, I think I'm going to lose hope.

Stay away then mate rather than infect us with your doom mongering!

21 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

The problem is we are not picking up any points at all against the big teams and that makes our games against the lower teams such more important to win and that builds pressure. We are not good under pressure.

To be fair, if we'd drawn arsenal, spurs and chelsea we would be well chuffed. But that only equals one win against a relegation contender. 

44 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Are you still talking about the team here, or are you talking about the fans? 😉

Yes we’re going into must win games now. But no need to overreact. Leicester is the most dangerous team on the break. We were bad but El Ghazi miss, then their 3rd goal made it hard for us. 

Generally good results for other teams around us which made us still out of bottom 3.

If we can beat Sheffield I think that would put us in a great position before playing our 6 pointers.

We played well without getting results at the start of Smith's tenure in the championship, we played a very similar tactical approach to now.

It's easier to do nothing that to excel at something. I think that's pretty obvious, as I'm sure you would too. Same as it's easier to be a critic than an advocate.

Success requires belief, ingenuity, imagination, trial, errors, learning, energy, effort, all sorts of qualities to be present and enduring.

To do nothing requires no prospect, no progress, nothing valuable. It's the same with complaining when things don't go your way.

Don't get me wrong, I could be wrong, and others who have doubts may have greater insight and analysis of our trajectory under Smith.

But I have faith, I really think we're going to survive this season.