Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

26 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

This week isn't dragging for me. I am in Paris firefighting an office fit out that has gone wrong (this is keeping my mind quite busy). Will be coming back on Friday evening and will be spending Saturday and Sunday completely rebuilding the suspension on an MG midget and refitting the interior so will be really busy right up until the game. 🙂

A lot of us will be refitting our interiors on Monday

• Haha 4

All those of us tutting about Grealish being allowed to play with an injury for several weeks may find our inner hypocrite today. Shoot him full of cortisone and send him out there!  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder who Leeds fans will want to win us or Derby? They hate us both 😂 

Us I suspect, if either. They didn't expect to be turned over at home by Derby and they didn't lose to us this season, so I guess we will be the lesser of two evils for them. They folded late in the season much like Derby so often do, didn't they? Who would have thought it?

51 minutes ago, John said:

Us I suspect, if either. They didn't expect to be turned over at home by Derby and they didn't lose to us this season, so I guess we will be the lesser of two evils for them. They folded late in the season much like Derby so often do, didn't they? Who would have thought it?

I am sure leeds followers will prefer yourselves to win - we gave it to them LARGE at Bellend road - most enjoyable 

as for our annual crumble well we did try it this season from February until April where we won only 2 in 10 games but usually our February to April crumble is a mixture of the effects of sacking a manager for gross misconduct ( never disclosed to the public) appointment of several interim managers - other clubs wanting our managers and destabilising everything and a general variety of our best players getting injured or we have signed someone useless in January and we have to play them for 10 games to prove that they are useless 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Had a nightmare last night that we went 2-0 down, got it back to 2-2, went 6-2 down, then got it to 6-4 before the final whistle. Let’s hope I’m just losing the plot, so glad I’m working the weekend to keep my mind off this game.

1 hour ago, Visiting Ram said:

I am sure leeds followers will prefer yourselves to win - we gave it to them LARGE at Bellend road - most enjoyable 

as for our annual crumble well we did try it this season from February until April where we won only 2 in 10 games but usually our February to April crumble is a mixture of the effects of sacking a manager for gross misconduct ( never disclosed to the public) appointment of several interim managers - other clubs wanting our managers and destabilising everything and a general variety of our best players getting injured or we have signed someone useless in January and we have to play them for 10 games to prove that they are useless 

Bellend Road 😂 class

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to feel quite optimistic but what's worrying me is that Derby were fantastic at Leeds and we weren't against West Brom, in either of the two matches. :s I really hope we attack in the first half much more than we did in the first half of last year's final.

4 hours ago, robby b said:

I want to feel quite optimistic but what's worrying me is that Derby were fantastic at Leeds and we weren't against West Brom, in either of the two matches. :s I really hope we attack in the first half much more than we did in the first half of last year's final.

yes they were.....but that's not to say, that is the form they will turn up with......anymore than the form we will turn up with when we beat them twice in the season.

Its all on the day....we both have good form records and momentum....its anyone's call. I think its the team that dominates the initiative, will win.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, robby b said:

what's worrying me is that Derby were fantastic at Leeds and we weren't against West Brom, in either of the two matches.

True, but Leeds have their excuses, Derby capitalised.

We had to contend with 4 men on Jack and 2 Stagecoach buses situated in Westbrom's goal area from the word go.

Monday will be free for all and both teams will be able to give their all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robby b said:

I have only watched the last 30 mins but I thought Leeds were better, even when they went a man down... They just commited too many men forward (they had to really) and Derby exploited that.

• Thanks 1

Im just hoping we carry on the sequence in our games vs.Derby. 3-0, 4-0, 5-0. Might aswell, we already have the 6-0 from their last visit to the Prem.

Icing on the cake will be later on Monday night Andrea Radrizzani being spotted with the Tony Pulis/Steve McClaren double act in a London restaurant after Bielsa tells him to poke his offer to stay on

Derby also were very clinical. 4 shots on target 4 goals. I doubt they'll be able to recreate that. Also Leeds for a team that was winning the tie were so so open at the back it was suicide. I just don't know what they were thinking.