Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

5 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Imagine how the Derby fans and players are feeling.  Probably like us pre-Fulham.

We are better than they are.  We must believe in the stands and get every last drop of talent and application out of our boys.

You were 2 points better than us this season so it is fairly even and it could easily come down to an idiotic referee decision or how much all those ‘on loan’ players actually want it

1 hour ago, Visiting Ram said:

You were 2 points better than us this season so it is fairly even and it could easily come down to an idiotic referee decision or how much all those ‘on loan’ players actually want it

It will be close....the team that keeps their nerve and secures the initiative will win.

I believe you're right. It's going to be a pretty even contest and at the end of the day, either team could win. I HOPE it doesn't come down to shoddy refereeing.

BUT, I'm AV through and through, so we're going to trounce you and you're shit.

• Haha 2

Or you could say, we secured 5th place with 2 games spare, where you had to get result out of your last two games. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Or you could say, we secured 5th place with 2 games spare, where you had to get result out of your last two games. 

Little bit ridiculous. You're pretty much saying your players wasn't bothered about the last 2 games, if they was you'd be miles ahead of us.

Both sides can twist it ie. poor refereeing decisions, conditions, injuries etc. for a reason why they didn't get more points.

There was 2 points in it in the end, which suggests little between them. Whether it's 0 points, 2 points or 30 points, it doesn't give any advantage going into this game.

19 minutes ago, SmythRam said:

Little bit ridiculous. You're pretty much saying your players wasn't bothered about the last 2 games, if they was you'd be miles ahead of us.

Both sides can twist it ie. poor refereeing decisions, conditions, injuries etc. for a reason why they didn't get more points.

There was 2 points in it in the end, which suggests little between them. Whether it's 0 points, 2 points or 30 points, it doesn't give any advantage going into this game.

Or that we rested half the team in the last game?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SmythRam said:

I would argue you’ve been the more consistent team over the season. It was our unbelievable form from the game we beat you 3-0 that got us to 5th.  But If you do a comparison in points from the time Smith took over it might paint a different picture. We really were a shambles under Bruce and even the early months under Smith he was trying to repair the defensive mess that was left behind.

Anyway as you say it makes no difference going in to this last game. 

3 hours ago, Visiting Ram said:

You do have to factor in that we were broke all summer and were days from going into administration in August. We also started the season with Bruce, whose tactics were stifling out ability to perform. Had we started with Smith and not had the off the field problems, i am pretty confident the gap would have been bigger than 2pts.

All that said, i think the final will be a lot closer than the league games. However villa do have the better squad and should come through on top. 2-1 in extra time 😏

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I believe you're right. It's going to be a pretty even contest and at the end of the day, either team could win. I HOPE it doesn't come down to shoddy refereeing.

BUT, I'm AV through and through, so we're going to trounce you and you're shit.

Not using Var for such a big game makes no sense to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Visiting Ram said:

I can’t speak for your on loan players but Mings and Abraham are up there as 2 of the most committed players we have. 

• Like 2

Not to mention that villa are in a stronger position to go up. Derby's best players are loanees who will leave the club at the end of the season. Villa, on the other hand, would still have Grealish, Mcginn , Hourihane, El Ghazi , Hause and possibly Mings. Tammy has also intimated that he might be here next season. That's a good nucleus to take on the Premier league with. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not using Var for such a big game makes no sense to me. 

The Efl started it would provide an unfair advantage. Not sure how they came to that conclusion considering both teams would benefit from it. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The Efl started it would provide an unfair advantage. Not sure how they came to that conclusion considering both teams would benefit from it. 

Exactly ? If their stance is it’s not fair as wasn’t used in league or semi finals them how can they jusfity using it in some but not all FA cup games?

It’s bullshit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Yeah, I hate to wish my life away l

Yeah, I hate to wish my life away 

Yeah, I hate to wish my life away 

Multiple posts is another sure way of pissing your life away :trollface:

I think we are gonna come at them at 100 miles an hour from the off. Smith will want us on the front foot from the off and taking control of the game. Tammy needs to work harder off the ball too. Semi finals - not good enough. That won't do.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think we are gonna come at them at 100 miles an hour from the off. Smith will want us on the front foot from the off and taking control of the game. Tammy needs to work harder off the ball too. Semi finals - not good enough. That won't do.

He was impressive defending set pieces though as he has been all season. 

Agree he needs to press more though.