Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

I have been quite confident until my tickets arrived yesterday. I looked at the Playoff trophy on the ticket and tried to picture Jack lifting it. Since then I've somehow convinced myself it isn't going to happen. 

The nerves are getting worse and worse. 

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

I have been quite confident until my tickets arrived yesterday. I looked at the Playoff trophy on the ticket and tried to picture Jack lifting it. Since then I've somehow convinced myself it isn't going to happen. 

And the bad news is... it's only going to get worse homey.

I wonder how the players are able to detatch themselves from the nerves and pressure? It's borderline overwhelming for me and I'm not even going to Wembley. 

Time will tell I guess.

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

Definitely. I thought I’d be watching at home, and didn’t think the nerves would properly kick in until closer to kick off. Suddenly finding myself with a ticket for Wembley and flights booked, I’m a nervous wreck. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6207127

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know how you guys are feeling. It means so much but if we look back to Feb the season was over and getting to the final is now a massive bonus! 

I’m just hoping the nerves and pressure do not affect the players. 

Imagine how the Derby fans and players are feeling.  Probably like us pre-Fulham.

We are better than they are.  We must believe in the stands and get every last drop of talent and application out of our boys.

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Imagine how the Derby fans and players are feeling.  Probably like us pre-Fulham.

We are better than they are.  We must believe in the stands and get every last drop of talent and application out of our boys.

I honestly believed we would win last season even though they were the better team. I thought we would scrape it. More fool me.

My concern is that the goals have dried up in the last 4 games. I know you can point to mitigating circumstances in all 4 but these things can suddenly become a trend. Our goals per game in the last 4 has been 1. In the previous 10 it was 2.3. Derby's over the last 4 has been 2.

It'd be a brave call for Deano to change things up at this stage but I wouldn't be against Kodjia up top and Tammy out wide. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know how you guys are feeling. It means so much but if we look back to Feb the season was over and getting to the final is now a massive bonus! 

I’m just hoping the nerves and pressure do not affect the players. 

Exactly this 👆🏻 The season was dead to most of us in February, enjoy what’s left and ride that wave! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Exactly this 👆🏻 The season was dead to most of us in February, enjoy what’s left and ride that wave! 

Imagine a couple of months ago some one saying "You will be OK, you only have to win 10 out of the next 12" They may have had a bop on the nose for taking the urine 

Quite early for team selections, but bored at work and can only think about this game, so here goes;

Smith's selection (IMO)

(4-3-3/4-5-1) - Steer, Elmo, Tuanzebe, Mings, Taylor, Adomah, Whelan, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazi, Abraham.    Subs; Kalinic, Hause, Jedinak, Green,  Hourihane, Kodjia, Davis.

My selection (this is why I am not a manager ;))

(4-1-3-2) -  Steer, Elmo, Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Whelan, McGinn, Grealish, Hourihane, Abraham,  Kodjia.       Subs; Kalinic, Taylor, Jedinak, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Green, Davis.

I thought we'd win 12 months ago.

I don't know what to think this year, interestingly despite the odds, most neutrals I speak with seem to think Derby will win.

I just wish we could fast forward the next 4 days, the suspense is killing me!

I am looking forward to it unfolding but I dont mind the wait. These next few days are my safety net where we still dont know and have a chance, whereas when its done and if something goes horribly wrong then its a long long summer of misery without even a world cup to take my mind off of it. So week/weekend..drag on all you like.

• Haha 2

Yeah, I hate to wish my life away but I need this working week to disappear already. 

Don't mind the weekend as they fly in anyway. 

I don't remember being this bad last year but then I wasn't as confident as I am this time around. 

Yeah, I hate to wish my life away but I need this working week to disappear already. 

I don't remember being this bad last year but then I wasn't as confident as I am this time around.