Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

Hopefully all the Frank to Chelsea & Boro suing Derby reports will work in our favour. Either that or it will spur them on.

Hopefully Monday evening is our time to get off our rollercoaster thats been flying around doing loop the loops for 7 odd years now; and touch our feet back on the even ground before we get back on in August.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully all the Frank to Chelsea & Boro suing Derby reports will work in our favour. Either that or it will spur them on

Yea see this is what is annoying at the moment. We don’t need these sorts of favours to get us promoted, and nor should Derby. 

Both teams are where they are on merit, and this media speculation and talk of curses and that other stuff being mentioned is just making a mockery of the whole thing. 

Both teams are playing some good stuff, with great young talent in their teams and being coached by forward thinking managers/coaches. Shame there are a number of sources out there who just want to derail everything. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yea see this is what is annoying at the moment. We don’t need these sorts of favours to get us promoted, and nor should Derby. 

Both teams are where they are on merit, and this media speculation and talk of curses and that other stuff being mentioned is just making a mockery of the whole thing. 

Both teams are playing some good stuff, with great young talent in their teams and being coached by forward thinking managers/coaches. Shame there are a number of sources out there who just want to derail everything. 

I get your point but tbh I’d take anything if it helps us get out of this sodding league!

• Like 1

Oh and people were talking about dreams. I dreamt about this game TWICE last night. First we won 1-0 through a 75th minute free kick taken by an on-loan midfielder who doesn’t exist. Second time was 4-4 at full time, then we went into extra time (but it was then 2-2, go figure) and we scored in the first half of extra time and won. So it’s looking good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully all the Frank to Chelsea & Boro suing Derby reports will work in our favour. Either that or it will spur them on.

Hopefully Monday evening is our time to get off our rollercoaster thats been flying around doing loop the loops for 7 odd years now; and touch our feet back on the even ground before we get back on in August.

I don’t think all the off the field stuff will affect them. But i do think having to play their 3rd choice 38 year old left back will. We really have to target Ashley Cole.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

16 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Oh and people were talking about dreams. I dreamt about this game TWICE last night. First we won 1-0 through a 75th minute free kick taken by an on-loan midfielder who doesn’t exist. Second time was 4-4 at full time, then we went into extra time (but it was then 2-2, go figure) and we scored in the first half of extra time and won. So it’s looking good!

Last year I dreamt we went 1-0 down but woke up before full time. Haven’t had this years dream yet.  

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

First we won 1-0 through a 75th minute free kick taken by an on-loan midfielder who doesn’t exist. 

Tom Carroll maybe? :trollface:

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think all the off the field stuff will affect them. But i do think having to play their 3rd choice 38 year old left back will. We really have to target Ashley Cole.

Actually Cole is 5th choice and helping out his mate 

1st - Forsyth- knee ligaments 

2nd - Olson - knee ligaments 

3rd - Malone - suspended 

4th - Lowe - out on loan at Aberdeen- won player of the year there can’t play as classed as on loan 

5th - Cole - won everything in the game and knows what he is doing but yes 38 yrs old 

4 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

Actually Cole is 5th choice and helping out his mate 

1st - Forsyth- knee ligaments 

2nd - Olson - knee ligaments 

3rd - Malone - suspended 

4th - Lowe - out on loan at Aberdeen- won player of the year there can’t play as classed as on loan 

5th - Cole - won everything in the game and knows what he is doing but yes 38 yrs old 

5th choice! Even better. 

We only have one recognised left back so I dread to think what we would do if him and 3 other alternatives were unavailable. 

Cole will know what to do but at some stage he will have either Adomah or El Ghazi running at him with Elmo overlapping.   Does he still have the legs? 

I’m not sure what winning everything in the game has to do with fitness. Terry has won everything too but I still wouldn’t want him playing at centre half.

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

5th choice! Even better. 

We only have one recognised left back so I dread to think what we would do if him and 3 other alternatives were unavailable. 

Cole will know what to do but at some stage he will have either Adomah or El Ghazi running at him with Elmo overlapping.   Does he still have the legs? 

I’m not sure what winning everything in the game has to do with fitness. Terry has won everything too but I still wouldn’t want him playing at centre half.

Yep and Cole won’t get any help from Lawrence either and he will be down the other end of the pitch a lot as well 

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Cole had a mare in the 4-0 didnt he and was hooked at HT?

I was there - we were a shower and the six changes to the side didn’t help at all and we were really crap - different come Monday but we can’t defend well in all reality so I do expect us to concede but if we get the ball in midfield we will play at speed and I expect it to be a very good game.

Got to be Whelan starting for me. See how the game plays out and then bring on Conor. 

If around the 60/70 minute mark we're winning, bring on Conor to help distribute the ball better for counter attacks when they inevitably take more risks.

If around the 60/70 minute mark we're losing, bring on Conor to aid our attacking thread.

What can go wrong eh... :D 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I actually think it's what we need to do to their CB'S in particular Keogh. I think the guy is a bluffer. Talks a great game and is vocal and a bit of a mouthpiece but has so many holes in his game. Need to go after guys like him and Cole.

Agreed. It’s a case of us winning the individual battles, and if we do that we should go on to win the game. You’d like to think that Mings & Tuanzebe can prevail against Marriott, and ElGhazi could give Cole a hard time. Grealish and McGinn you’d hope will win the midfield against Mount and Co. Tammy can give their CBs a hard time too.