Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Your keeper looked awful against Leeds.

Really in what way? Roos took over from carson due to carson’s Distribution and failure to deal with crosses 

as a side note Roos is out of contract after the game on Monday so it may well be his last game for us then again at least 5 maybe 6 of our starters on Monday will be playing their last game for us that day

4 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

Really in what way? Roos took over from carson due to carson’s Distribution and failure to deal with crosses 

as a side note Roos is out of contract after the game on Monday so it may well be his last game for us then again at least 5 maybe 6 of our starters on Monday will be playing their last game for us that day

I thought he looked really shaky. Parrying shots in to dangerous areas. Totally misjudging the flight of the ball of the free kick for their goal. He may be a decent keeper for you. Didn’t seem convincing to me and I hope we test him at any opportunity.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 hours ago, SmythRam said:

Not a chance of Ledley playing as he doesn't play for Derby.

It will be Bradley Johnson. He has been back in the side towards the end of the season and been absolutely brilliant.

Johnson one of two in our team who can head a football properly - returned to the team basically for that reason especially for being on the naughty step for biting a stoke shirt ( yes 4 game ban for that - Bamford 2 game ban for feigning injury and unjustly affecting a game by getting someone sent off for imaginary violent contact)

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he looked really shaky. Parrying shots in to dangerous areas. Totally misjudging the flight of the ball of the free kick for their goal. He may be a decent keeper for you. Didn’t seem convincing to me and I hope we test him at any opportunity.

He’s done ok but not played a great deal, been with us five years from non league but only played the last 12 or so games his distribution has resulted in us getting the ball to our forwards which flows with only losing 2 in about 12 

16 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

He’s done ok but not played a great deal, been with us five years from non league but only played the last 12 or so games his distribution has resulted in us getting the ball to our forwards which flows with only losing 2 in about 12 

Fair enough. Just had a look at your likely back 4 and swap Bogle for Wisdom and it’s the defence that played at Villa park. That gives me comfort. 

On 20/05/2019 at 16:04, Visiting Ram said:

Anticipated Derby team but we have injury concerns at this point

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole 

Johnson 

Mount  Wilson 

Bennett  Waghorn Lawrence 

if Bryson is fit he would go into midfield with Wilson on the right and Bennett to the bench

but if we go all out attack which is rather exciting to watch

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Johnson

Mount   Wilson

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

How many 1st choices you got out?

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

For comparison, Last season... 

DeIZpyMX4AAwuwx?format=jpg&name=large 

This season (possible) 

D6i7PO7WwAUdph0.png 

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Looking at those two teams on paper, I don't think there's much in it to be honest. We've got more legs about us now. 

The biggest difference will be in how we approach the game. Was awful under Bruce last year.

I agree, on paper I don't think theres a whole world of difference in terms of quality of those two sides, but the main thing is the energy we have as opposed to last year. 

The average age of last season's final team (outfield) was 30 years, this year it will be around 26 (that's if Adomah & Whelan start) could be as low as 24 depending on Smith's selection. We also had 7 (Seven) players 30+ whilst this year it will probably be 4 (maximum). 

I think we have a better mix this time round with experience AND youth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don't make the Leeds fans feel worse🙄

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I agree, on paper I don't think theres a whole world of difference in terms of quality of those two sides, but the main thing is the energy we have as opposed to last year. 

The average age of last season's final team (outfield) was 30 years, this year it will be around 26 (that's if Adomah & Whelan start) could be as low as 24 depending on Smith's selection. We also had 7 (Seven) players 30+ whilst this year it will probably be 4 (maximum). 

I think we have a better mix this time round with experience AND youth. 

My concern is that our full backs can stop crosses and they have some players who can cross a ball.

I posted in the welcome area, so thought I'd air my thoughts for you guys to chew on... 

Evening guys, 

It would be great to be able to discuss the upcoming match. Incidentally, I noticed that a lot of the discussion is based on Mount not being in the team on the past two occasions, although the same could be said about two of our other key performers during the latter part of the season - Johnson & Waghorn - the latter is looking good to return. 

The performance at Villa was the worst of the season, comfortably, with hindsight a midfield duo of Evans and Bird seemed naive in the extreme. Not to mention that we were missing Bogle, Mount and Lawrence. Wilson had a slight knock and couldn't start the game. 

A quick look at the team that started last time out: Carson, Wisdom, Tomori, Keogh, Cole, Bird, Evans, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Marriott, Bennett.

In comparison to the team that I expect to start: Roos, Bogle, Tomori, Keogh, Cole, Johnson, Holmes, Mount, Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn/Marriott

It's a difference of six or seven players depending on Waghorn's fitness. Incidentally, after the game against you, we made six changes to the team. Wisdom, Bird & Jozefzoon haven't really been seen since. Marriott, Evans & Cole in a similar boat too, with very limited showings after that defeat. It was certainly a wake up call that was much needed and culminated in us only losing one further game in the regular season.  

I fancy Villa to win the game, but this Derby team has stepped up in high pressure games this season - Bristol City away, West Brom at home, Leeds away. Not to mention we've taken something daft like 22/23 penalties this season and I don't believe we've missed a single one. We're the definition of a team with a puncher's chance. 

It feels good going into the game almost expecting nothing and hoping for the best. It's a lot less painful than the QPR game last time out. 

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

How many 1st choices you got out?

Well for the season we have missed Davies Forsyth Olson and currently we have Bryson out and waghorn and Holmes under treatment and malone suspended 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

My concern is that our full backs can stop crosses and they have some players who can cross a ball.

Don’t worry we cut inside and shoot - only the full backs cross the ball 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Visiting Ram said:

...as a side note Roos is out of contract after the game on Monday so it may well be his last game for us then again at least 5 maybe 6 of our starters on Monday will be playing their last game for us that day

Ahhh, that explains why my source within the club said we had conditionally offered him and a few others contracts with us for next season.

Wow. Spying, schmying. We really do black ops on another level now we have multi-billionaire owners.

:trollface:

2 hours ago, Visiting Ram said:

Well for the season we have missed Davies Forsyth Olson and currently we have Bryson out and waghorn and Holmes under treatment and malone suspended 

Don’t worry we cut inside and shoot - only the full backs cross the ball 

well the good thing is .....One of us will win.