Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

The fact they can't even line up the diagonal lines is shocking. Then they expect people to shell out a ton of money for it. 

The training tops would make nice kits though tbf. 

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Must be a promo. Can’t really be their new kit. 

They actually just played in that kit in a friendly. Check below. 

But apparantly the FA are involved now cause it's breaking some kind of rule. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Where are you from that you have blue haired chavs?

They are a kind of weird chav / hipster hybrid. They certainly look like no one I have ever seen watching or playing football.

I will not be buying the new kit. I like the colours of the away kit but nothing else. The marketing campaign is just stupid. Repeatedly saying the word 'iconic' does not make it so. Would be more accurate if they substituted it for 'disappointing'.

Quite disappointed by the away kit on first look, withholding full judgement until I see it in person but it just looks like an unfinished template. The idea was great but the execution less so.

In terms of the design I think the home kit is fine, but just that. I personally don't have the same pining for the "traditional" claret body/blue sleeves as many do (last seasons was the best we've had since the 90s at least imo), but it just looks like a safe design. I'd imagine it'll look ok in games.

13 minutes ago, villadodo said:

They are a kind of weird chav / hipster hybrid. They certainly look like no one I have ever seen watching or playing football.

I will not be buying the new kit. I like the colours of the away kit but nothing else. The marketing campaign is just stupid. Repeatedly saying the word 'iconic' does not make it so. Would be more accurate if they substituted it for 'disappointing'.

I used to have bright blue hair. But, tbf, I didn’t watch much football around that time

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I would like to know what the idea was behind the chav-tastic photo shoot they held to sell this kit. It looks awful.

Bet ya those 3 have never even watched a game of football. **** cut of em.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

That's one of the first things I noticed. The misalignment is bizarre. Twitter is awash with rumours @NurembergVillan is outside kappa HQ with a trolley full of cabbages. 

The drawings looked nice...  The shirts themselves are different than what I saw, but the graphic ideas, colour, etc are the same.

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Different rules for friendly matches.  Absolutely no chance that's being teed up for league matches.  The head of kit design at Umbro was the first person I hired over 15 years ago, back in my Puma days - she knows the rules... The FA are playing into Paddy Power's hands by giving this stunt oxygen.

43 minutes ago, a m ole said:

the stripes look misaligned intentionally.

That's be my guess.  It's been a "thing" in graphic design for about 4 or 5 years now, to have diagonal stripes that differ in width and/or mismatch.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It’s a marketing masterpiece by PaddyPower. It’s obviously not the real kit, it obviously breaks rules. But as a friendly they may only get a slap on the wrist, but increases the publicity 1000% as everyone is talking about it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Quite disappointed by the away kit on first look, withholding full judgement until I see it in person but it just looks like an unfinished template. The idea was great but the execution less so.

In terms of the design I think the home kit is fine, but just that. I personally don't have the same pining for the "traditional" claret body/blue sleeves as many do (last seasons was the best we've had since the 90s at least imo), but it just looks like a safe design. I'd imagine it'll look ok in games.

Not impressed by any of it, but I think I like the away kit better than the home kit after looking more at it. At least I can sort og understand what they have tried. The home kit looks like something my nephew could have drawn over a weekend. Like someone already has said it's very safe, neither great nor shit, thus just incredibly boring. 

And that's before we even discuss whatever implosion went on in the shoulder area. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The pin stripes fading in and out wouldn't be so bad, if they actually lined up either side of the middle... looks like they stuck two wall paper strips together but misaligned them. So that's appearance out the window. 

As for the chunky seams on the shoulders... just makes it look like a cheaply made knock off. 

Then the way the shoulder material pinches up makes it look like they don't know how to make a panel the right size for the fit they need. 

Finally the notches in the sleeve and the shorts just do nothing for the overall look.  I imagine it would feel annoying, like there's a bit of material hanging over you where the shouldn't be.

All in all, not impressed. 

20190717_190849.jpg

That’s just really poor attention to detail. This is supposed to be our shirt playing in the highest profile league in the world, not some pub side who all chipped in to get a set of shirts made from an internet website. 

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That’s just really poor attention to detail. 

Its intentionally like that. The design would have been approved by multiple people so it's not an error. Although it does look like one.

• Like 2

Â