Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

8 minutes ago, useless said:

If you look very closely the piping around the neck region is structured in such a way to make it look like that it does have a collar... Here

Makes sense, could have been easily misconstrued from the mock ups we have seen. 

I like it. It loses points for far too many kappa logos and the weird cut on the arms. I don’t like how tight the sleeves are either but I’m sure it’d be fine on my flimsy arms. 

7/10 WB.

Hmm..

After watching a bit of the mings video it really does look quite odd/really badly finished.

Between the collar & sleeves there are 3 different bits of material, the sleeves look poorly joined and again look to be 2 or 3 different pieces of material with some strange piping down the length and what's going on with the weird cutouts at the bottom of the sleeve.

Hard to tell exactly until you see it in the flesh i guess but it's a no from me. Looks shit and overly fussy.

cRoWv2U.jpg

1bTpCjm.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Hard to tell exactly until you see it in the flesh i guess but it's a no from me. Looks shit and overly fussy.

I doubt most fans will notice to be honest. Good spot though.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

A home kit needs to be special like last season's for me to get it. I already have too many claret body/blue sleeve Villa shirts. If this had a collar or something maybe, but 's a little bland as it is. We'll look nice on the pitch though which is more than I can say for our last 3 seasons in the PL. Back in style.

• Like 1

It seems to fit Mings really badly. Hopefully it's just a case of a duff early shirt but if they're all like that at the sleeves it's going to look really, really badly made and cheap.

I think it's one of those that people will like a lot better when they see it in person, looks like there's a lot of finer details that you can't really appreciate in the pictures seen so far. Also the claret seems to have a luxurious tint/shine to it, that without going over the top, gives it an almost decadent finish.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Makes sense, could have been easily misconstrued from the mock ups we have seen. 

What I saw was most definitely a collar, which seems to have been abandoned along the way.

My best guess would be that once Kappa got involved that wanted their signature fit and that'd look weird with a collar so it got ditched.

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

What I saw was most definitely a collar, which seems to have been abandoned along the way.

My best guess would be that once Kappa got involved that wanted their signature fit and that'd look weird with a collar so it got ditched.

If I'm not mistaken, Napoli had a collar on their kit last season. I think it's just the particular collar in the original design that would have looked weird, not any collar per se.

• Like 1

As I feared really ....last seasons kit was really something special. This just looks like a mass produced template ...blobbed with claret and blue.

Its not horrendous - but its quite a step down from last seasons.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

On seeing the interview with Mings, I don't care much for it. Too fussy. It reminds me of that horrific Macron shirt we had, though nothing will ever quite match that for wretchedness.

I still have high hopes for the other two. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

Â