Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

I kinda weirdly like that.

Kinda despite the lines. Really not sure what they're going for there. Would look better if they'd just pinstriped it.

Reminds me of when you're quite a long way through an IQ Test and you have to work out what the next shape is in the sequence.  I quite like it, mainly for the nostalgia of the colour scheme.

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

Do you think that this whole mix up could see the three year Kappa deal cut short?  I have not been overly impressed with the shirts myself.

If the club were looking for a get-out this would give them a pretty good opportunity, for sure.

41 minutes ago, choffer said:

WTAF is this nonsense?

zG5mj49.png

Our badge should be the most precious thing we have, yet here it is back to front on a cheap black hoodie.  It can also be found on burger wrappers.

Somebody needs to start protecting the identity of Aston Villa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

With the success of last years kits i question why we looked for a change. 

Almost certainly due to Kappa paying us more.

Which I'm totally fine with by  the way. I'm of the opinion that in this day and age the most important thing about the kit deal is getting the people who pay us the most.

It's just a little more frustrating than usual seeing as last year's kits were so beautiful

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Almost certainly due to Kappa paying us more.

I’d love to see the numbers in terms of how the fan reception to the kit impacts on how many they shift. I’d imagine that less Kappa would be sold than last years shirt. 

Does it matter to us though? How are these deals put together? Do we get a cut of every shirt sale regardless of who the vendor is?

All academic to me anyway, I found my old nike Acorns shirt last night and having shifted a fair bit of weight this year, it fits perfectly. 

21 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Been waiting for the rumoured green kit. I'm a bit gutted it doesn't instantly make me want to reach for my wallet if I'm honest.

It needed to have stripes from the miller shirt, the pattern is just weird. It’s supposed to look like a deckchair.

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’d love to see the numbers in terms of how the fan reception to the kit impacts on how many they shift. I’d imagine that less Kappa would be sold than last years shirt. 

Does it matter to us though? How are these deals put together? Do we get a cut of every shirt sale regardless of who the vendor is?

All academic to me anyway, I found my old nike Acorns shirt last night and having shifted a fair bit of weight this year, it fits perfectly. 

The 09/10 along with 11/12 Nike shirt is our best fitting one and was probably my favorite until last season's. I was really hoping Kappa, given their history were going to make a similarly simple but nice kit but they've completely botched it.

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I was totally unaware of the wonky badge debacle until now. What an awful error and it raises even more questions about our kappa/fanatics manufacturer setup. I guess I'll probably hold off on ordering a shirt then. 

What you on about? The wonky badge on the shorts by any chance? 

Â