Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

I won't name names and apologies if this is unwelcome or even against the rules..
But I've just seen one Villa supporter get another into some trouble.
There's a market for people who want and can afford the real jersey, which I'm guessing the majority of, if not all people would prefer.
Think about that.. The majority if not all customers want what you're selling. Not the fakes.
Have a think and don't be so trigger happy the next time you want to have a criminal record put on somebody.
It might have consequences for their quality of life, for the remainder of their life. And in this case for what?
I'm just asking that you make that assessment for yourself.

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's inspired by the stained glass windows inside the Trinity Road stand (Director's Club etc) and outside the Holte.

image.png

I feel like 'inspired by' is doing a lot of work there ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Having seen the new kit in person for the first time yesterday I don't think I like it. It looks washed out and the wrong colour. Plus has everyone bought the wrong size or summat. I spent a good half hour waiting for turnstiles to open saying to myself 'didnt that come in your size mate?' 

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's inspired by the stained glass windows inside the Trinity Road stand (Director's Club etc) and outside the Holte.

image.png

NV can you tell us what is going on with wonky badges on the official stuff from Kappa?  Who is QCing this stuff and to actively advertise it on the official site is criminal!! Same on Kitbag/Fanatics which I know is the same company.  They are multi million/billion pound company seems odd??

25 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

NV can you tell us what is going on with wonky badges on the official stuff from Kappa?  Who is QCing this stuff and to actively advertise it on the official site is criminal!! Same on Kitbag/Fanatics which I know is the same company.  They are multi million/billion pound company seems odd??

Disclaimer - I'm not close to any of the companies involved in the design, manufacture or distribution of the kits.  I saw the kit designs several months ago, and have applied my understanding of the industry to join the dots on what has happened since.

In this instance, I've never seen a quality issue on this scale with a football club.

The badges on the shirts will be manufactured by a third party and sent to the factory to apply to the shirts whilst they're being made.  The woven badge for the shirts will be cut out by a machine tool and sent to the factory who apply them to the shirt by an embroidery machine that stitches the outline.  In this case it seems the badge itself has been cut out wrong, as the embroidery outline still "fits" the shape.

That neither the badge supplier or the shirt manufacturer have picked up on the issue is, frankly, beyond piss poor.

The training shirts are even more bizarre.  It seems to be a heat transfer, which is essentially the artwork cut out by a tooling and held on a "backer" - kind of like those "tattoos" you'd apply with water as a kid.  The machine to attach it to the shirt applies heat and pressure to ensure a good bond.  As such, the only way it could go as tits up as the picture is if the original artwork (the computer file used to cut out the shape) was wrong.  I don't know how a brand can get a badge wrong...

I read somewhere on Twitter that the training line was made by Fanatics with the badges etc applied by Kappa, but the kits were made entirely by Kappa.  I don't know how true that would be.  It's not unusual for some items to be applied "locally" - late sponsor logos, for instance, can be applied in the UK after everything has been made offshore and imported.  The badge would be a strange one, though, as it's not been updated or anything.

I dunno.  You can tell from the length of this meandering post that my gast has been well and truly flabbered as to how this could have happened, and on this scale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Disclaimer - I'm not close to any of the companies involved in the design, manufacture or distribution of the kits.  I saw the kit designs several months ago, and have applied my understanding of the industry to join the dots on what has happened since.

In this instance, I've never seen a quality issue on this scale with a football club.

The badges on the shirts will be manufactured by a third party and sent to the factory to apply to the shirts whilst they're being made.  The woven badge for the shirts will be cut out by a machine tool and sent to the factory who apply them to the shirt by an embroidery machine that stitches the outline.  In this case it seems the badge itself has been cut out wrong, as the embroidery outline still "fits" the shape.

That neither the badge supplier or the shirt manufacturer have picked up on the issue is, frankly, beyond piss poor.

The training shirts are even more bizarre.  It seems to be a heat transfer, which is essentially the artwork cut out by a tooling and held on a "backer" - kind of like those "tattoos" you'd apply with water as a kid.  The machine to attach it to the shirt applies heat and pressure to ensure a good bond.  As such, the only way it could go as tits up as the picture is if the original artwork (the computer file used to cut out the shape) was wrong.  I don't know how a brand can get a badge wrong...

I read somewhere on Twitter that the training line was made by Fanatics with the badges etc applied by Kappa, but the kits were made entirely by Kappa.  I don't know how true that would be.  It's not unusual for some items to be applied "locally" - late sponsor logos, for instance, can be applied in the UK after everything has been made offshore and imported.  The badge would be a strange one, though, as it's not been updated or anything.

I dunno.  You can tell from the length of this meandering post that my gast has been well and truly flabbered as to how this could have happened, and on this scale.

Do you think that this whole mix up could see the three year Kappa deal cut short?  I have not been overly impressed with the shirts myself.

Â