Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Almost certainly due to Kappa paying us more.

Which I'm totally fine with by  the way. I'm of the opinion that in this day and age the most important thing about the kit deal is getting the people who pay us the most.

It's just a little more frustrating than usual seeing as last year's kits were so beautiful

I really cannot agree with this. To a point maybe, however being in the PL brings rewards a kit deal doesn't compare to in TV revenue.

I'm most definitely of the opinion your fans are more important than an extra few notes. Especially when you are already quids in. In my opinion producing a quality kit for the fans is paramount. I look back at the kits I had or brought for my own kids and would say that not just the period but the detail and quality of certain kits is massively important. I have dozens of kits from mine to the kids some loved more than others. Not one of them is shit though because I refused to buy the shit ones. It makes a massive difference in the grand scheme of things, not just to the fan but also the clubs revenue. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I really cannot agree with this. To a point maybe, however being in the PL brings rewards a kit deal doesn't compare to in TV revenue.

I'm most definitely of the opinion your fans are more important than an extra few notes. Especially when you are already quids in. In my opinion producing a quality kit for the fans is paramount. I look back at the kits I had or brought for my own kids and would say that not just the period but the detail and quality of certain kits is massively important. I have dozens of kits from mine to the kids some loved more than others. Not one of them is shit though because I refused to buy the shit ones. It makes a massive difference in the grand scheme of things, not just to the fan but also the clubs revenue. 

unfortunately not

the TV deal looks great to us because its flooded us with new money but lets take everton as an example seeing as we play them Friday and I think their shirt with the umbro design, African betting company and angry birds on the sleeve is **** awful but that shirt is worth £10-15m per year more than ours

we all have the TV money, the shirt sponsors are 2nd in generating revenue, ticket sales (bar corporate) and kit sales are largely irrelevant now, increased shirt sales due to a manufacturer change or a better design / quality will almost certainly be irrelevant compared to the sponsorship money

• Like 2

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Obviously I'm not saying the kit should be abysmal.

But if the choice was between £10m a year for an average kit and £2m a year for an amazing kit, I'd choose the average kit

13 hours ago, choffer said:

I’d love to see the numbers in terms of how the fan reception to the kit impacts on how many they shift. I’d imagine that less Kappa would be sold than last years shirt.

I doubt it, They seemed to make about 53 shirts last year, sold them all on day one and were out of stock for most of the remainder of the year

• Like 1

Aston Villa’s home shirt has proven immensely popular, with unprecedented demand in the first few weeks of going on sale.

This season sees us team up with Principal Partner, Kappa, as two iconic brands join forces.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/08/17/unprecedented-demand-for-kit

According to the club, demand for the home shirt is double from last year and the away shirt demand is up 500% from Luke’s white kit.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

According to the club, demand for the home shirt is double from last year and the away shirt demand is up 500% from Luke’s white kit.

I can believe it, but only because of the stock issues this time last season. I loved the shirts, but it was like Luke was making them himself by hand.

In fairness I was surprised just how many fans were wearing the new shirts at Villa Park last week. There were a lot of away shirts knocking about as well which I noticed as I hadn't seen one closeup.

I think the playoff win and return to the PL has led people to splashing the cash this year.

If you look at last Summer, despite the exceptional kit design by Luke/Fanatics, the club were in a dark place with facing bankruptcy / bruceball and there was little to look forward to going into the new season. This most likely impacted the kit sales.

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Smells like bullshit to me or is it because it's our first shirt back in the prem driving sales? 

Does it include overseas sales? Don't underestimate the Trezeguet effect over in Egypt, I would image he's sold a whole lot of shirts over there...

I haven't seen any of the shirts in person myself, but I'm not impressed overall. There's nothing linking the three kits together, the colour choices seem like a quick nod to nostalgia rather than a modern reboots of classics. I really don't like the colours used for the W88 logo on the first and 3rd strip, the colours on a whole seem a bit off. The designs are just... uninspiring.

When you factor in all the other issues with sizes, shoulders, badges and it just seems a mess, not great when you are using the word 'iconic' in your marketing...

The away is the best of a bad bunch I feel, although the home kit is growing on me.  I don't think I'll be buying any of them, might dip in for one of the less circumspect training tops.

Tgeres nothing wrong with the home kit in the sense that it's a nice villa home playing kit. The issue for me is that it doesn't translate to a shirt that I'd want to buy for £50+. Its just a bit boring.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Can't say I believe that now.  Just stinks of a PR good feel exercise!

On 18/08/2019 at 15:27, Farlz said:

ECQje3OWwAAfSPF?format=jpg&name=large

Didn’t like it at first but it is growing on me slightly... will wait til I see it in the shop but might even buy it. Anyone know the dates for release or anything?

Also, is it just me or will the Villa badge virtually be on your shoulder when you wear it? Seems very high.

I think it's awful in every single way, and yeah the badge is pretty much up om your shoulder from the looks of it.

One of the worst Villa kits I can remember in recent times on the top of my head.

The purple and white squared Macron one was also ghastly.

45 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Didn’t like it at first but it is growing on me slightly... will wait til I see it in the shop but might even buy it. Anyone know the dates for release or anything?

Also, is it just me or will the Villa badge virtually be on your shoulder when you wear it? Seems very high.

I think if the green part was plain, or just pin striped by the black it would look quite smart. 

I get what the pattern is meant to be, but it doesn't work imo.

I do appreciate the effort to give a few nods to our history. Just not sure it's been executed particularly well there.

• Like 2

Â