Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

Visited the shop to check out the wears today. Home, away and all keeper tops are all very smart shirts. Nice selection of training wear too.

However, the away seems to be made of a material that gives the appearance of pulls and bobbles which put me off. Maybe that was just on the kids version. 

Also, the prices of the kids kits (starting aged 6) were a joke. 

5 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I have already made that mistake. Ordered my normal size with the patch yet everyone is saying the sizing is small so now worried whether the thing will fit. If it doesn't I'm going to screw especially as they have no sizing diagram for the shirts on the website.

Let me know how it fits when it arrives

9 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Okay, i really want the PL patches so I’m going to crowdsource this and give it our best guess. I’m 5’10” (178 cm) and have a 41” chest (104 cm). A large retro shirt fits me well. Stick with the large or go up to XL?

Ok i was in the same boat. I normally buy a large in things as I’m a Medium/large but like things with a bit of space so ordered a large then I read what everyone was saying and tried to change my order to XL but they wouldn’t accommodate it, so the Large turned up and was expecting it to be really tight but it fitted ok so I didn’t send it back, it may be a little tighter than I’d like but an XL probably would of been too large. I’m roughly the same size as you 5 10 and 41 chest. So I’d stick with the large.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the advice, folks. Decided to make my wife a guinea pig and ordered her the away shirt in a men’s small (her normal size) without the PL badge. We’ll see how it fits and I’ll order accordingly, since I’m waiting - rather impatiently - for the 3rd kit anyway

11 hours ago, May-Z said:

Visited the shop to check out the wears today. Home, away and all keeper tops are all very smart shirts. Nice selection of training wear too.

However, the away seems to be made of a material that gives the appearance of pulls and bobbles which put me off. Maybe that was just on the kids version. 

Also, the prices of the kids kits (starting aged 6) were a joke. 

Prices of football shirts in general are a joke, not just kids sizes!

Painful prices. RE: kids kits, I dont know why they don't sell them for £10-15 and get every kid in the area hooked in and wearing them.

Im sure I heard that Derby would give shirts to local primary schools as their chairman wanted all kids in the city in a Derby shirt. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

Painful prices. RE: kids kits, I dont know why they don't sell them for £10-15 and get every kid in the area hooked in and wearing them.

Im sure I heard that Derby would give shirts to local primary schools as their chairman wanted all kids in the city in a Derby shirt. 

There's only one professional football club in Derby...what a a waste of money!

they are £30-40 cheaper than some of the European clubs

went in the ajax club shop 2 weeks ago, theirs is £90, their sale had last seasons shirt for £60, been the same for a few years now, I always liked to pick up a shirt when I was holiday, not anymore

what they need (and I think to an extent they've done) is a better training range with decent prices and more lines, the club will tell you that they need to increase sales of their own gear because that's where their margin is but lets be honest that's not happening, best club shop ive been in was besiktas in Istanbul, 2 stories, casual gear, training, shirts, formal wear, golf blah blah blah they had something like 32 types of woolly hats in there

I don’t understand how Villa is charging $83 USD for a shirt.  £55 converts to roughly $67 as far as I know (obviously this fluctuates frequently). But how can they get away with charging $15 more than what they’re charging in Pounds?

edit: maybe it’s a stupidity tax on suckers like me who didn’t bother changing over the website from $ to £

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

I don’t understand how Villa is charging $83 USD for a shirt.  £55 converts to roughly $67 as far as I know (obviously this fluctuates frequently). But how can they get away with charging $15 more than what they’re charging in Pounds?

I thought the prices were in Canadian dollars until I bought one and realized its way more than that.

Kitbag has a 15% off sale right now which kind of offsets that a bit.

11 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Thanks for all the advice, folks. Decided to make my wife a guinea pig and ordered her the away shirt in a men’s small (her normal size) without the PL badge. We’ll see how it fits and I’ll order accordingly, since I’m waiting - rather impatiently - for the 3rd kit anyway

Mine away top arrived today. Advice.. If your normal fit is snug then you need to go up a size. If you have a bit of room normally, you should be okay although it will be a little tighter. 

Additionally I am actually disappointed as although the tops looks okay the quality is shit. Also it appears the rubber badge is only on the Elite Fit which will only set you back another £25 on top of the normal price. With the standard you get an embroidered badge. It's nice but I prefer the rubber which is a little cooler imo as the colours stand out much more. All Kappa badges are iron on so expect probable peeling.  So the rubber badge that was part of the standard price(£5 cheaper last year) you are now charged extra for. Personally even though the cost doesn't affect me its a friggin rip off.  

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think this graph's scale is very good.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

———————————> £65

——————————> £55

–>£45

Sorry all, next time I'll produce my own infographic rather than relying on something I found on the internet, I though I would post for info rather than accuracy of scale

Anyway it was from the Sun so I guess you won't be too surprise.... And before anyone starts slating me for being on the sun site, I only happened on there as response to a question that came up in another thread.....

• Like 1

Â