Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Anyone know if Smith's press conference will be broadcast live anywhere?

The Villa YouTube channel, and also sky sports are showing it.

1pm

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

No doubt been asked and answered elsewhere on this thread, but what is (a) the absolute registration deadline? (b) likely steps/minimum lead time if and when a fee is agreed with any player today?

Will find out in 3 mins what the score is with transfers 

No doubt been asked and answered elsewhere on this thread, but what is (a) the absolute registration deadline? (b) likely steps/minimum lead time if and when a fee is agreed with any player today?

There deadline is 5pm, but transfers can be completed after 5pm if the teams involved can prove the transfer was instigated before 5pm. (The correct paperwork completed and sent off etc)

As far as I know.

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Kodjia is injury prone so lets sign Sturridge? 

I love you lot. 

Did anyone say that? I’m hoping we sign a player today but if not we may need to look at a free agent as relying on kodjia and Davis is a risk - I wouldn’t want sturridge but we certainly  need another striker 

I do think we need another striker.A Fox in the box type of striker to come off the bench with 15 mins to go.

I would be happy with a loan deal but this is not deemed acceptable now.I think someone towards the end of their career who won’t mind not playing regularly.Trying to think of a name.

(A) Next Thursday for Spurs, 5pm this afternoon for everyone else.

(B) Unsure. 

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Yes, definitely. I really rate Davis. But he's had his injury problems recently and is only young still. Plus we only have 2 other strikers. I really think we need another one in. Hogan is crap but at least him being available is better than no backup option at all. Let's say Kodjia and Davis get injured and Wesley isn't as good as we're hoping. What do we do then?

I think 3 is prudent enough myself. The other side of that is that all being well, Davis will never see the pitch, Kodjia will get a run out in the Cup games and Wes will be fine. It pretty much signals we wont be playing 2 up top any time soon and that Kodjia may get a run out in the wide positions more imo.

If all 3 strikers are injured at the same time we'll have had a bad run of luck. It's hardly Bruce having 1 CB in the squad this time last year territory.

I don't believe Kodjia is particularly injury prone. He had a bad injury, it takes time to fully recover and there's no doubt we rushed him back and he wanted to try and get Ivory Coast to the World Cup. Despite the annoying decisions he makes, I think people are quick to forget he's quite good.

Davis may surprise a few people on MOTD. His all round game needs experience but his touch and ability is lightyears ahead of say Gestede. Grealish McGinn AEG etc will love buzzing around him imo. think a year on loan playing every game would be the best thing for him but he/we may revisit that idea in January.

As for Wesley. Why buy a £20+m Brazilian Striker and stick him on the bench? If he flops, he flops, like all of them, but I can't see it. And if he does, find someone in January

In Deano we trust.

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Need at least a striker in today otherwise i think we will struggle.

Always going to be a tough season.lets remember in March we sat 13th in the championship.  Without taking a breather the club have assembled a new squad. Good enough ? Time will tell - but at least they have made a damm good effort.

• Like 2