Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't think there is a chance of us winning only 3 games......so you have your answer.

3 bloody wins. You know my missus hates football, and over the years when I'm renewing the season ticket ever year and coming home angry week after week she just thinks I'm a special kind of stupid. 

I understand why non football fans think we are all crazy. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

3 bloody wins. You know my missus hates football, and over the years when I'm renewing the season ticket ever year and coming home angry week after week she just thinks I'm a special kind of stupid. 

Aye. At least it's not 0 wins.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

That was some season.....I have seen some ups and downs since supporting Villa since 1959......that season took some explaining, In John Gregory's words ( metaphorically speaking of course) "If I had a gun"

That was the most embarrassing season of all time and even some of the middle of the road fans closed the book on us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

He didn't even cost that much. To be honest I think the media represent a lot of our transfer fees as being larger than they really are to make a story out of it.

Also pretty sure that his transfer Like Guilbert  went is last years books and shouldn’t count in this summers spend . And he definitely didn’t cost us £4million !  

1 minute ago, TRO said:

That was some season.....I have seen some ups and downs since supporting Villa since 1959......that season took some explaining, In John Gregory's words ( metaphorically speaking of course) "If I had a gun"

That was the most embarrassing season of all time and even some of the middle of the road fans closed the book on us.

It was indeed. The worst thing is, like my son who is 14 now, there is a whole generation of Villa fans that have only known the awful times (before last season)

I can't recall how many times I've had to convince my boy that we actually used to good. 

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

That 0-6 by Liverpool still hurts.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

It was indeed. The worst thing is, like my son who is 14 now, there is a whole generation of Villa fans that have only known the awful times (before last season)

I can't recall how many times I've had to convince my boy that we actually used to good. 

AV1 I remember the dark days too under Dick Taylor and Tommy Cummings etc.

Ron Saunders came in like Dean Has now.....We have to believe, its all we have got.

How long did Man City fans stand in the shadows of Man Utd?......Factors change things and we have to hope we have got it right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

That 0-6 by Liverpool still hurts.

It does.....and at the time, it didn't surprise us, because we was that bad.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Can’t believe it was allowed to happen, never thought I’d see Aston Villa relegated, I started supporting Villa when Big Ron was in charge so kinda was used to always being a top team, the fall from Grace was something else.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

AV1 I remember the dark days too under Dick Taylor and Tommy Cummings etc.

Ron Saunders came in like Dean Has now.....We have to believe, its all we have got.

How long did Man City fans stand in the shadows of Man Utd?......Factors change things and we have to hope we have got it right.

Man City cheated the system though.

I will never have sympathy for them.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Can’t believe it was allowed to happen, never thought I’d see Aston Villa relegated, I started supporting Villa when Big Ron was in charge so kinda was used to always being a top team, the fall from Grace was something else.

Agreed. I always say though that lows just make the highs higher.