Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

23 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no way I'd sell Green, if he has a decent season in the championship, which he's capable of, he'll be worth £15m plus, in fact he'll be worth that if he stays with us and shows that he's an adequate enough squad player in the Premier league. Whilst he's capable of better I think he's looked okay in pre-season, there's still potentially a very good player in there, I wonder if he needs to be a bit more selfish (with the ball) sometimes.

Just sell him with a buyback clause 😉

35 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

i would think now we would have to offload green and hogan as hippo said,followed by bjarnasson, bree and lansbury with loans out for hepburn murphy and keinan davis...i would be ecstatic then

I'd be a little surprised if we sold Lansbury. I was fortunate enough to attend training with a group in Minneapolis, and Dean brought up how good he's been this summer (unprompted). He said similar things when we saw him at the pub later in the night. Not saying he'll see significant playing time, but he may have a niche in the team as cover in central midfield if injuries occur.

Also FWIW, Hogan was the only player that didn't talk to us after the practice, and he has seemed pretty upset/disconnected this preseason (even after scoring).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Apologies , I thought for a while you were some crazy person obsessed with Leao , even to the point that I was going to reach out to him and warn him , only just realised that this is a nervous tick , apologies again

Right idea.. wrong player.

I once stalked Rafa Benithez, I now camp out on Tuanzebe's doorstep!

On 27/02/2019 at 09:09, Zatman said:

Somebody said Smith 1st summer at Brentford saw 18 players come in. I imagine be big summer of signings

Mystic Meg. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1Elliot said:

😆I've been keeping my eye on you guys on VT for years but hiding in the shadows.

All the excitement convinced me to dust off the keys & get typing.... well that & the shock of a Wednesday signing!!

I'm a newbie as well, mate. Exciting times innit?

• Like 1

😆I've been keeping my eye on you guys on VT for years but hiding in the shadows.

All the excitement convinced me to dust off the keys & get typing.... well that & the shock of a Wednesday signing!!

6 minutes ago, Dave_jW said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d3a037a7972375345

• Haha 1

Kalvin Who ? 

Marvelous & Luiz for £26mill happy days! Just Perin/Butland or whatever GK and a striker to go.... and if I’m being greedy that ex Southampton Kid and Bayliss (but loan him out to continue to develop) 

Just now, villalad21 said:

This transfer window has felt like me as a kid playing championship manager using money cheats.

it has felt like what i used to do in football manager.

1) load up Villa.

2) get rid of all the "dead wood".....lots of em.

3) trawl the world for "potential wonderkids" or players with "potential", sign em....

4) play exciting/good football with mostly youth/developing players.

5) pretend im the best manager for developing world class talent and destroying all the "bling bling" clubs with my sexy wonderkids.

Seems Deano is trying similar for the 2019/20 season?!?!!?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

it has felt like what i used to do in football manager.

1) load up Villa.

2) get rid of all the "dead wood".....lots of em.

3) trawl the world for "potential wonderkids" or players with "potential", sign em....

4) play exciting/good football with mostly youth/developing players.

5) pretend im the best manager for developing world class talent and destroying all the "bling bling" clubs with my sexy wonderkids.

Seems Deano is trying similar for the 2019/20 season?!?!!?

But as the famous quote goes "You can't win anything with kids" :D

Edited by villalad21

He didn't even cost that much. To be honest I think the media represent a lot of our transfer fees as being larger than they really are to make a story out of it.

Edited by useless

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3a07a05341634d45

26 minutes ago, Dave_jW said:

The last thing we need is another bloody Dave to confuse us! 🤣

• Haha 2