Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Best transfer window since ash young and Carew signed.. probably BETTER.

It's been unbelievable quite honestly, and I just hope that, whatever the result at spurs, the fans stay firmly behind the team. 

Definitely better, with more to come probably.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I was talking in terms of a starting place.

He's more than fine as a backup player.

Agreed. He can essentially slot in at any of the 3 positions. 

Injuries and suspensions will happen folks. You don't have to look too far into the past to see the devastating effect they can have. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I was talking in terms of a starting place.

He's more than fine as a backup player.

well the dream is that we can actually adjust the starting eleven and tactics against different teams, i know most of our recent managers were incapable of this but Deano might just nail it.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Two weeks to land the last two targets and hopefully a decent chunk of cash to do so after some smart deals in recent weeks.

Couldn’t be happier at this point of the window.

yeah, i almost need to pinch myself this transfer window, its like im playing a game and signing a high prospect young team.....amazing stuff.

for me its a 9/10 window so far, if we could sign Butland & Benrahma to top it off, would be a 10/10 for me.

I dont think in all the time i have supported Villa i can remember a window like this, its almost dreamland stuff.

Not just for players signed, but the fact they are all signed to play a certain brand of football, regardless of the ups and downs this season, im looking forward to watching us, win or lose its going to be an exciting ride.

• Like 1

We're signing and being linked to an awful lot of players who have played in the Belgium league, and wouldn't be surprised if we see similar with our next two or three signings.

9 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Great transfer window for you and now you are full up is it time to bring Said and Neil out of their safe house 😃the bench will be interesting but looks a good mixture of talent.

10 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Great transfer window for you and now you are full up is it time to bring Said and Neil out of their safe house 😃the bench will be interesting but looks a good mixture of talent.

bback.jpg.60247a898327c6c5096b990a304625b6.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

we still want Benrahma......... :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Great transfer window for you and now you are full up is it time to bring Said and Neil out of their safe house 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Get Luiz and Marvellous over the line

Then Butland, Maupay and Benrahma to finish up. 

Haha Luiz is, confirmed by club earlier. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Haha 1

The real good thing is that they are not overpaid journeymen like Richards, Lescott, Richardson etc. Or loans that have no real sense of belonging.  They are young, hungry contracted players of AVFC!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Haha Luiz is, confirmed by club earlier. 

Brilliant!

I'll be honest - shit day at work followed by cancelled trains! I hadn't checked the sports news :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

F*** it, £50 on us without the big 6 at 40/1

Exactly.

I said we were the best of the next top 6 a few weeks back in the temporary Leao when I compared us to Everton at the time.

40/1 is fantastic value! 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brilliant!

I'll be honest - shit day at work followed by cancelled trains! I hadn't checked the sports news :D

Don't count your eggs just yet, the work permit issue is not, to my understanding, fully solved. Fingers crossed.