Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I thought it would take us at least three transfer windows to get to where we needed to be squad wise. NSWE, Purslow, Suso and Deano have amazed me with their vision and determination.

We're nearly there just nine weeks after winning the Play Off Final. It's incredible to be a Villa fan at this point in our history.

Stuff Allardyce!

christian bale GIF

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm absolutely delighted with everything we've done so far this window, it's kinda unbelievable. But still trying to remain realistic, i'd honesty take 17th right now. 

Snap. I have a really bad feeling about the Spurs game too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely don’t now, especially after today. We could actually cause a shock, we’ll take a a few teams by surprise this season I’m sure.

Would love it if we could knock Wolves down a few pegs, getting too big for their boots!

Edited by Jas10

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think getting battered on the 1st day will be the worst thing for our players. I keep reading about Wolves starting their first few games really slowly last year and can't help but thing (probably naively) that it will be good to get our wake-up call out of the way ASAP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rubberman said:

Got so excited by all this that I've popped a few quid on us to beat Spuds.

And finish top 10.

And win the league.

[not anticipating that I will be retiring on these bets]

Saw an interesting one in skybet. Top half finish and winning the league Cup at 500/1. Surely worth a £1 bet! 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don't think getting battered on the 1st day will be the worst thing for our players. I keep reading about Wolves starting their first few games really slowly last year and can't help but thing (probably naively) that it will be good to get our wake-up call out of the way ASAP.

i think we might cause a few upsets early on because teams won't know how to play against us and we can surprise a few teams, not saying it will last but we could at least pull out a few spicy results as well as no doubt some ass kickings while the team beds in. It will take a long time to build consistency.

Edited by VillanousOne

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm absolutely delighted with everything we've done so far this window, it's kinda unbelievable. But still trying to remain realistic, i'd honesty take 17th right now. 

my optimism gauge goes up with every single signing. i honestly think we can finish in the top half. that being said, 100% agree with you, i'd take 17th quite happily right now

Best transfer window since ash young and Carew signed.. probably BETTER.

It's been unbelievable quite honestly, and I just hope that, whatever the result at spurs, the fans stay firmly behind the team. 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Best transfer window since ash young and Carew signed.. probably BETTER.

It's been unbelievable quite honestly, and I just hope that, whatever the result at spurs, the fans stay firmly behind the team. 

that was an awesome window