Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I haven't been this excited about transfer window since summer 2015...

Yeah. I remember how I felt about that window at the time, so I'm weary about this one. I know we've gone about this window far better than that one though, so I'm allowing myself to be confident.

• Like 1

i would think now we would have to offload green and hogan as hippo said,followed by bjarnasson, bree and lansbury with loans out for hepburn murphy and keinan davis...i would be ecstatic then

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The losses the club will make when the accounts are released are going to be crazy if their are no sales

The actual cost of transfers does not immediately affect the profit & loss side of the accounts. The players cost is amortized over the period of the contract .So a player who costs £20m with a 5 year contract will cost the accounts £4m per year.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The losses the club will make when the accounts are released are going to be crazy if their are no sales

Yeah, the £50 we get from the sales of Green and Hogan should really help balance the books ;)

On 01/03/2019 at 16:48, OutByEaster? said:

So based on that, I think we need (in order):

1. Starting CB (Mings please)
  2. Starting Left back
  3. Back up CB
  4. Right winger
  5. Defensive midfielder
  6. Left Winger
  7. Back up Right winger
  8. Back up CB
  9. Striker
  10. Central midfielder
  11. Back up Defensive midfielder

I don't think we can afford to go out and buy those (at least) eleven players - I think we need to be looking at trying to get as many young and hungry as we can afford, four or five on loans and a couple of out of contract players with a little experience.

It's a big ask.

If you don’t ask you don’t get....

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly.

I said we were the best of the next top 6 a few weeks back in the temporary Leao when I compared us to Everton at the time.

40/1 is fantastic value! 

Apologies , I thought for a while you were some crazy person obsessed with Leao , even to the point that I was going to reach out to him and warn him , only just realised that this is a nervous tick , apologies again

There's no way I'd sell Green, if he has a decent season in the championship, which he's capable of, he'll be worth £15m plus, in fact he'll be worth that if he stays with us and shows that he's an adequate enough squad player in the Premier league. Whilst he's capable of better I think he's looked okay in pre-season, there's still potentially a very good player in there, I wonder if he needs to be a bit more selfish (with the ball) sometimes.

• Like 2