Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Anyone else feel we will break our transfer record again this summer ...... I personally believe we will for poss one of the following Phillips (though reckon we’ve moved on) Leao - ( dream but very unlikely we are even in for him ) or maybe Butland ... Knowing the way we do our business if we do it will be out of nowhere and the player not linked .... Thoughts 

Once the deal with luiz is completed that ends all interest in Phillips this year.

I think he is not even worth the 30m so I'm happy we won't be playing it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Never a PL player IMO.

Will be sorry to see him go but we need better if we want to improve on mid table finishes.He is  in his last year of contract and we have already signed his replacement.Was a joy to watch most of the time last season but was part of our soft under belly problem.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Once the deal with luiz is completed that ends all interest in Phillips this year.

I think he is not even worth the 30m so I'm happy we won't be playing it 

Yep I agree. We can pick him up if still interested in Jan or the summer when they don’t go up or Bielsa walks for half what they want now...

Can see us going for Butland with Leao being the unrealistic dream ...

Luiz from what I can tell is a better player than Phillips - and I rate Phillips. If we're in for Nakamba too it means we most certainly have moved on from Phillips for this year anyway.

I can see us breaking our transfer record again, or attempting to. Just a feeling.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Luiz from what I can tell is a better player than Phillips - and I rate Phillips. If we're in for Nakamba too it means we most certainly have moved on from Phillips for this year anyway.

I can see us breaking our transfer record again, or attempting to. Just a feeling.

We don't need to I don't think. If anything we can wait next summer if we are still a premier league club.

The way the atmsophere is around the place here i think we have a great chance to stay up. Everyone is so united behind Smith that could be a massive factor at home.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Anyone else feel we will break our transfer record again this summer ...... I personally believe we will for poss one of the following Phillips (though reckon we’ve moved on) Leao - ( dream but very unlikely we are even in for him ) or maybe Butland ... Knowing the way we do our business if we do it will be out of nowhere and the player not linked .... Thoughts 

Time will tell.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Heaton, Engels, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Targett, (Guilbert), Nakamba, Jota, Luiz, Trézéguét, El Ghazi, Wesley, Laeo -  would be absolutely astonishing business! Imo

Though Nakamba, Heaton and Laeo still remain uncertainties even though we have a bid submitted on one of them.

• Like 1

Anything over 5m all in for Heaton, and i'd rather we moved on to someone else.

I dont rate him that highly, he has a recent serious injury, is 33, only has 1 year left on his contract.

Would much rather Butland.

I am told that Kalinic hasnt settled and wants to move on which is driving our interest in another keeper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Loyal servant?

He wanted out after 12 months and in the end he took a payrise instead to stay.

That was after he went 'on strike' to force the move to us in the first place......I'm not sure why he's been on strike for the past 2+ years though.......

Agreed 110%. Benteke scored goals for fun for us, but always thought that he was too good for us. When he left, I said that the grass is not always greener away from Villa Park and so it has proved.

He's now not a regular starter with Woy and has lost his place in Belgium's international squad. He's also now not good enough for us! Let's continue to focus on players like Maupay that are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I just dont think we are in for Marvellous

I think there must be some legs in it though, and he is refusing to train with them too.

They need to act, no use keeping a player at your club that now doesn't want to be there.

I hope we do go after him and sign him though.

whats Billing like as a player?, seems he will definitely be on the move soon.

Huddersfield Town demand £17m for Bournemouth target Philip Billing... despite exiling him from the first-team after criticising manager Jan Siewert

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7272443/Transfer-news-Huddersfield-Town-demand-17m-Bournemouth-target-Philip-Billing.html

19 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed 110%. Benteke scored goals for fun for us, but always thought that he was too good for us. When he left, I said that the grass is not always greener away from Villa Park and so it has proved.

He's now not a regular starter with Woy and has lost his place in Belgium's international squad. He's also now not good enough for us! Let's continue to focus on players like Maupay that are. 

He was too good for us.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz, Trezeguet, Heaton and Marvelous in would be effing brilliant.

For me it's Luiz, Trezeguet, Butland & Maupay and I'll be very happy happy joy joy.  I'll take Heaton for Butland if needs be.

• Like 4

Rather have Billings to Marvelous ... Takeout the clickbait price inflation I reckon we could get him for less than the fee of £17mill quoted. Him & Leao would Roy d off the season nicely ...