Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

why are people suggesting we are going to sign a player to play off Wesley, we havent played a 2 man strike force at all under Smith

You are right. Fwiw Smith mentioned Kodjia was making him consider playing with two up front towards the end of last season. Not sure that means anything beyond he was considering it, but we have a few players now who are arguably better in a two. So maybe he is going to put it as an option for us?

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who's your source? If you had one why the rubbish link posted?

“I can’t reveal my sources”

”look, you don’t have to believe me. Just passing on info”. 

The ITK Code. 

Well Smith has recently said that we now have the option of playing 3 at the back, so there will be opportunity to go 2 up top if we switch to that formation. Wouldn't surprise me if we started a few games with 3-5-2 formation in pre-season.

Steer

Engles  - Mings - Konsa

Guilbert   -McGinn - Luiz -Targett   

Jack           

Wesley - Hogan(lol)          

Would be interesting to try that with a better striker than Hogan...

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I don't think our management team agree with you. 

In what way?

Have we bid for a striker that no one knows about?

Personally I'm fine with Kodjia as backup to Wesley

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But but, what about Ramadan! 

Who does he play for, how much will he cost and where does he play? 😊

Edited by John
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Who does he play for, how much will he cost and where does he play? 😊

an Egyptian wideman from Huddersfield but I think we are OK with Trezeguet ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think we will be bringing in a striker even in the scenario where Hogan leaves. Davis is looking very good in training and preseason and would be good enough as 3rd choice striker. Adding a 4th in there would add great competition but then you'd expect Davis to leave and I'd rather have some more continuity from last season than another exciting link 

I opened up this thread this morning, and saw there was 10 + pages. I was excited. I thought we must have signed someone!

Nope. What we got was Daniel Sturridge, Welbeck, posters arguing about who has the most boring posts, gifs, Sting puns,  and who Bournemouth are signing.

Well and truly sucked into the six degrees of speculation.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Well Smith has recently said that we now have the option of playing 3 at the back, so there will be opportunity to go 2 up top if we switch to that formation. Wouldn't surprise me if we started a few games with 3-5-2 formation in pre-season.

Steer

Engles  - Mings - Konsa

Guilbert   -McGinn - Luiz -Targett   

Jack           

Wesley - Hogan(lol)          

Would be interesting to try that with a better striker than Hogan...

No I'm confident of us signing Maupay for Hogan's spot LMAO.

50 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I don't think we will be bringing in a striker even in the scenario where Hogan leaves. Davis is looking very good in training and preseason and would be good enough as 3rd choice striker. Adding a 4th in there would add great competition but then you'd expect Davis to leave and I'd rather have some more continuity from last season than another exciting link 

Davis looks good, but does he look like scoring... not as yet... i want him to score and kick on but until he does looking good is not enough.

Apparently, according to a disreputable rag, Brentford have "slashed" their asking price for  Maupay 

Brentford are no mugs - they don't need to sell.

As a discussion point and not suggesting it could / would happen. IF Bale leaving Madrid meant we had a chance to bring him in on loan for a season, would you sign him?