Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

For me it's Luiz, Trezeguet, Butland & Maupay and I'll be very happy happy joy joy.  I'll take Heaton for Butland if needs be.

Yep. My view, too. 

3 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Looks from comments from Lille today that they're resigned to losing Leao, would be surprised if it was to us though with the other clubs that are interested

One hell of a statement from the club if we were in for him. Even if it breaks our record, he fits the bill as someone who could become better and more valuable in a position we need cover

• Like 1

Nakamba appears to be a bit of a troublemaker, which doesn't fit in with Purslow/Smith's buying ethos.

Going awol, refusing to train, and a previous bust up with the coach at Brugge that saw him dropped from the team for a few matches.

He seems to think he's bigger than his club.

We are definitely looking at leao and have been for a while now,I know this and have been saying this for ages as my source said that suso and smith are really keen on him with maupay being plan B if they dont/cant get him

I cant name my source,i know your all laughing at this but lets just say he is a scout for a premier league club and is related by marriage,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We are definitely looking at leao and have been for a while now,I know this and have been saying this for ages as my source said that suso and smith are really keen on him with maupay being plan B if they dont/cant get him

I cant name my source,i know your all laughing at this but lets just say he is a scout for a premier league club and is related by marriage,

Your husband?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Thats a bit sexist, you are assuming all scouts are men.

I think it was the 'he is a scout' part that gave it away. Unless you're banging the 'she can be a he and still be considered a she if she bloody wants to!" drum :D

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Nakamba appears to be a bit of a troublemaker, which doesn't fit in with Purslow/Smith's buying ethos.

Going awol, refusing to train, and a previous bust up with the coach at Brugge that saw him dropped from the team for a few matches.

He seems to think he's bigger than his club.

Or the club are treating him like a commodity? There are two sides to every story, I'd like to hear his before casting judgement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I second that, Ties in with what I've been told, and that we actually have a bid on the table.

If not successful, Maupay will be the player we sign.

We won't wait forever for Lille and Laeo to make their minds up.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kieranavfc said:

Looks from comments from Lille today that they're resigned to losing Leao, would be surprised if it was to us though with the other clubs that are interested

They have been resigned to losing him for a few weeks.

Originally started out as Valencia, Everton and Villa. Napoli joined the race, now the press are getting wind and Mendes involved about another 4 clubs are mentioned.

As it stands, it will need to be hell of a package on the table to entice him to B6 I will admit.

paper talk reckoned that everton tabled £33m for him. if we're talking those types of figures i'd be surprised if we're in the race for this one

Hhhmmm Leao smells of agent talking and just lobbing us in as a name as we’ve spent lots this summer. 

Given the figures and our needs £30 odd million is a huge amount on what is essentially a prospect. He only started 13 games last year as Lille eased him into top flight football. I reckon if we stay up we’ll be in for these types of players in the future but this summer it’s been a different approach as we’ve basically had to buy most of a new squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

He was too good for us.

Le Tissier was too good for Southampton and Jack was too good for us, but they were loyal and stuck around.

Benteke wasn't good enough for where he went and he isn't good enough for us now! ;)