Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I can't remember how reliable he is, think he got a few things right previously. Probably just posting after John Percy though...

Just an attention seeker posting after reporters. If he gets It right he laps it up. If he gets it wrong he goes on the defensive and tells people to unfollow him. 

The picture of Trezeguet is on an article from the 6th July about about the national team out shopping or something, I dunno Google translate isn't the best and neither is my Arabic. Looks like the picture predates that article though. It's not a new photograph in the UK that's for sure. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yes, it is going to cost money and it would be surprising after what we've spent. But then how much of this summer has been surprising so far? I keep hearing we won't do this or that, you're crazy if you think we'll spend this... etc.

The only people that have been suprised by our spending so far are the fans that seem to be more concerned about our accounts and FFP than the club are. 

But 35m on one player when we still need to sign another 2 or 3 in key positions?

I think that’s pushing it.

I reckon we’ve spent if you include Douglas & Trezeguet £110million on 9 signings so average £12.2mill per player. Now some have said our upper spending capacity is around the £140-£150million mark then supplemented by player sales which at a push would bring in £20-£25million max so theoretically we could spend £165-£170million this summer. Leao @ around £25million+ plus add ons,  Billings @ £12-£15million... leaving player sales to fund the purchase of a keeper ... Butland would be the dream or as omariqy alluded to some sort after European keeper... if Leao is a non runner I do wonder why we haven’t signed Maupay yet 🤔 if he was number one choice surely he would be here by now ... just sayin 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The only people that have been suprised by our spending so far are the fans that seem to be more concerned about our accounts and FFP than the club are. 

But 35m on one player when we still need to sign another 2 or 3 in key positions?

I think that’s pushing it.

Maybe.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Apparently we have also signed another Brazilian called Doginho??? Here's one of the only clips I could find on the young pup!!

Better control than BB

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Apparently we have also signed another Brazilian called Doginho??? Here's one of the only clips I could find on the young pup!!

He passes it with he's nose. That's gotta hurt.

To be honest, after Douglas and Trezeguet sign we've filled all key positions and then you're looking at maybe a keeper.

Then we can put out a strong team. So I'd argue that's all key positions filled with at least one credible starter. Then you're adding depth and competition. Leao covers all forward positions and likely starts in one of them.

The point is, he probably is the priority now.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

To be honest, after Douglas and Trezeguet sign we've filled all key positions and then you're looking at maybe a keeper.

Then we can put out a strong team. So I'd argue that's all key positions filled with at least one credible starter. Then you're adding depth and competition. Leao covers all forward positions and likely starts in one of them.

The point is, he probably is the priority now.

Thor and Green are too near the first team for my liking. Ideally another winger, CM and striker in addition to a keeper. 

• Like 1

Leao hasn't even played much football, so at this stage he's still a prospect, not sure we're in a position to be spending £30m on potential at this stage. If we were going to spend that kind of money I think we'd want more of a guarantee of success. I know that he's caught people's imagination, but If we don't go for him, then there are plenty of other players out there that can help us.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Leao hasn't even played much football, so at this stage he's still a prospect, not sure we're in a position to be spending £30m on potential at this stage. If we were going to spend that kind of money I think we'd want more of a guarantee of success. I know that he's caught people's imagination, but If we don't go for him, then there are plenty of other players out there that can help us.

He's played more than enough to make a judgement call on him but its still speculative. The problem is that if you wait until he does realise his potential, you're paying twice or more or just priced out  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Leao it’s risk Vs reward . The risk is he cost £30million and is the next Savio Nsereko . The reward is he costs £30million and turns into a superstar £70+million  striker within a couple of seasons . It’s a tricky one but that’s why Suso/Purslow & Smith are paid handsomely to make theses calls and take these risks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

With Leao it’s risk Vs reward . The risk is he cost £30million and is the next Savio Nsereko . The reward is he costs £30million and turns into a superstar £70+million  striker within a couple of seasons . It’s a tricky one but that’s why Suso/Purslow & Smith are paid handsomely to make theses calls and take these risks. 

To be fair, these are also the types of players other teams are willing to fork out for even if we went down and needed to sell. OR if he didn't light it up. I. E Adama

• Like 1