Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

But surely it is applied for as a Villa Employee, we wouldn't buy him without the permit. If he decides to not join us the Permit [working for Villa] is recinded?

Yes, i suppose that makes some sense, but if he turns us down then a.n.other club would have to also have to apply for a work permit. So I'd imagine he would decide on a club first and then apply for the work permit rather than keep trying to get permits before choosing his club.

Also, is there any restriction on how many times you could apply for work permits in a given period?

If Luiz is one of those 2/3, I think we’ll be going into the season light. 

I still think we need 4 or 5 because there is no room for error with the new boys. If Jota, Wesley, Guilbert and and Luiz don’t step up, we’re absolutely f******.

Purslow seems like a decent bloke but that’s made me a little nervous. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still think we need 4 or 5 because there is no room for error with the new boys. If Jota, Wesley, Guilbert and and Luiz don’t step up, we’re absolutely f******.

I thought you knew things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When Purslow says two or three more signings, I don't think he means it in the literal sense, he use 'two or three' in the same way someone might use the term a few more. He just had to come up with a number on the spot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I'm starting to fear we'll be left with Steer and Kalinic. Where are all the keepers Dean?

Its a merry go round position in transfer window. Not many PL clubs have moved keepers yet which is why Butland, Begovic etc havent moved yet 

With Sampdoria’s supposed interest in Trezeguet dream alternative would be Robert Skov or poss Johannes Eggestein for winger/forward  .... Leao /Phillips & Butland ain’t happening ... Maybe we should go for Kevin Trapp who has been linked Porto for £4.5mill as Gk and Phillip Billings as DM ... then Bayliss as young prospect CM... and the tricky part is striker ... 🤔 Were we linked with Lukas Nmecha under Bruce or Smith ? 

Edited by thabucks

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You are right that 2-3 is light, so I'm going to assume he means 2-3 in addition to Luiz. 😏

Clever tactic by Purslow. Release a little quote saying 2/3 signings, gets around the news a bit.

We then sign Douglas Luiz, Nakamba and Trezeguet and everyone thinks the well is dry. No more money.

But that's what they want you to believe - and we end up getting a really good Goalkeeper on a really good deal near deadline day.

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Clever tactic by Purslow. Release a little quote saying 2/3 signings, gets around the news a bit.

We then sign Douglas Luiz, Nakamba and Trezeguet and everyone thinks the well is dry. No more money.

But that's what they want you to believe - and we end up getting a really good Goalkeeper on a really good deal near deadline day.

We’re not signing Nakamba mate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

When Purslow says two or three more signings, I don't think he means it in the literal sense, he use 'two or three' in the same way someone might use the term a few more. He just had to come up with a number on the spot.

Ahhh! I see! 2-3 is the new 4-5😏

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We will probably will go into the season light. But the aim of this season is to survive. Sure away to the top clubs we could take a beating. 

But have we got enough to finish 4th bottom ? I think we have. The squad we put out v spurs imo will be better than the squad Lambert managed to keep us in the division with.