Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

For another anticlimactic wednesday or double signing of Heaton & Phillips ?

Wednesdays are always shit. No wonder Sheffield never amount to anything. 

I'm putting my money on Friday signings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am firmly in the camp of "never go back". Doesn't really matter who they are. 

I disagree. Gordon Cowans. Steve Staunton. James Milner. Have all done it and they were all fine, but there are not many players nowadays like these 3, Possibly Cahill if he was to return.

They have to be the right player to return, the circumstances surround Delph is not the same kettle of fish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am firmly in the camp of "never go back". Doesn't really matter who they are. 

Yeah it’s extremely rare that these things ever work out. Best not take the gamble regardless.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I disagree. Gordon Cowans. Steve Staunton. James Milner. Have all done it and they were all fine, but there are not many players nowadays like these 3, Possibly Cahill if he was to return.

They have to be the right player to return, the circumstances surround Delph is not the same kettle of fish.

That's fair enough. I still maintain my POV. And Milner was a loan signing so that's not that same at all. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fair enough. I still maintain my POV. And Milner was a loan signing so that's not that same at all. 

Milner was a loan, then we signed him a year later for around £7m so he sort of qualifies.

Generally I agree you should never go back, especially managers!

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Surprised Eze at QPR doesn't seem to be getting linked to any clubs. Might be a good signing for us, would be a good to have someone who can come in for Grealish, and he can also play on either wing.

Would he sign on a Sunday morning? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Milner was a loan, then we signed him a year later for around £7m so he sort of qualifies.

Well to me it's a different thing completely. Loan signings are a screening tool to see if you want to sign a player permanently. I ment for staff and players who has previously had a spell at the club then moved on, even if it was a successful spell. This is also why I thought it was mental of Solskjær to take on the Man Utd job. 

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pedant but we signed him two seasons later for £12m.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Heaton wouldn't be a bad choice. He has gone a bit stale at Burnley and needs a move. At 33 is he past his prime though even for a keeper? And we will have to shift either Nyland or Kalinic.

Stale? When he came back in the team he kept them up with his saves and clean sheets. Made Joe Hart look like an Sunday league keeper (some would argue....)

51 minutes ago, useless said:

Surprised Eze at QPR doesn't seem to be getting linked to any clubs. Might be a good signing for us, would be a good to have someone who can come in for Grealish, and he can also play on either wing.

One of my suggestions on here  from last November! Very good player

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wednesdays are always shit. No wonder Sheffield never amount to anything. 

I'm putting my money on Friday signings. 

I for one can vouch the city is rotten, wished I were back in the Midlands.

Wednesday ground had there owl logo drop off there stadium some time ago and they still have not put it back on lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I for one can vouch the city is rotten, wished I were back in the Midlands.

Wednesday ground had there owl logo drop off there stadium some time ago and they still have not put it back on lol.

I used go Sheffield every week for Insomniacz and sometimes Gatecrasher! Late 90's, early 00's was never that fussed on the city apart from the clubs which were quality!

Edited by Villan4Life