Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I hope I’m wrong but I would be disappointed with this signing, just feels more of what we already have.  

If it means we get Philips, then following my back and forth with TrentVilla last night it may be worth while, as I understand his point on DM over GK as a priority but really think a GK was a key signing and my gut feeling this isn’t it but I’m probably more wrong than right as I am often.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Heaton is done since injury last season. Was awful when he came back. Steer is much better 

Didn’t Heaton come back in last year when Burnley looked like relegation fodder and helped turn them around? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Pretty sure I’m the only one on this forum who thinks that we are wasting money signing another keeper. I’d have gone with Steer with Nyland as backup. 

What’s happened with Kalinic btw? 

I agree

Signing Heaton reminds me of signing Friedel. Reliable keeper with international pedigree. Still has 3 to 4 years left. Saved Burnley last season and means we can spend elsewhere. He's as good as Butland just older. 

• Like 4

I thought he was one of the best keepers in the league in 16-17, can’t say as much about him since then. I know he’s been crocked, but even if it’s caused a drop in form, it often takes time to get fit again. I wouldn’t say there’s no chance of him recapturing his form from 2-3 years ago.

Wilson is a very good player, has similar stats to Lolley, is younger and has big club experience. He's also someone we might be able to get in on loan with an option to buy, which might work out better for us from a financail perspective.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It's probably bollocks but we could maybe get Wilson in on loan with an option to buy?

That would be my thinking,Would offset a lot of the cost until next year